• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC books discounted - and a couple of fresh books. Teen Titans #1 and Baker

31 posts in this topic

Price includes shipping within North America. ROW I will split with interested parties.

Who wins: Time stamp seals the deal as to who wins regardless of the form of communication (including PM, in the thread, text or phone conversation). A negotiation is not a deal until both sides have agreed on terms.

If there is an unconditional :takeit: posted (or communicated) it will trump all negotiations unless we have already both agreed to terms before the :takeit: was posted. In that case, the :takeit: will have been in vain. Except that it will give you street cred and look cool to passers by.

No House Of Shame or Probationary members or any others of ill repute. Book was pressed.

I will accept returns if item is otherwise not as described.

Payment: Paypal, bank wire, check or MO.

Gang, these are a few books I've listed before. I'm motivated to sell so prices are discounted.

Don't be bashful if you want to send an offer.

Teen Titans #1 CGC 8.5

This book was offered in my raw sales thread a few weeks ago. The book was a CGC graded 9.0 that was cracked out. 2nd time around, CGC thought it was an 8.5 :tonofbricks: I was going to resub but I'll give it a shot at selling it first. Price is going to be firm on this one.

Asking $550

TT%201%20CGC%208.5%20Big_zpsrgb0vxa1.jpg

Seven Seas #5 CGC 8.5 White

Another book that has not been offered previously. Ever seen a 70 year old book that looks like it's brand new? You're looking at one now. The reds are like blood. The whites are like snow. Interior pages are stunning and just as white as the exterior cover whites. This book is from my personal collection and it's stunning. Unless there is a Church copy you'll never see one again as bright and white. I don't really want to part with this one so price is firm on this one as well. :foryou:

Asking $2000

SevenSeas%205%20CGC%208.5_zpstx4azf4n.jpg

SevenSeas%205%20CGC%208.5%20back_zpsplfvta0u.jpg

X-men #120 CGC 9.6 White

Not sure how to price this. There is a last GPA of $900 ( :o ) but it's sold between $179 and $450 over the years. Asking price is $350 which is the 90 day GPA average.

X-Men%20120%20B%20CGC%209.6%20Big_zpswun8wim3.jpg

Gang, apologies for the edit but I'm going to offer some previously offered raw books before finishing this thread.

Unless I've made a typo, the list below is what is left at 30% off now. :o

Scans can be viewed in the link below by scrolling through to find the appropriate books.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9133446Post9133446

----------------------------------------------------

These are previously offered books being re-offered.

Fantastic Four #36 6.5 (copy A) - Asking $250

Fantastic Four #45 2.0 - Asking $155

Fantastic Four #45 4.0 - Asking $300

Star Wars #1 9.4 book 1 - Asking $200 SOLD!

Star Wars #1 9.2 book 5 - Asking $150

Star Wars #1 9.6 book 6 - Asking $300 SOLD!

X-men #10 9.0 - Asking $500

X-men #39 9.2 (slight dust shadow lower back cover) - Asking $200 SOLD!

==========================================

Fantastic Four #36 6.5/7.0 OWW copy B - Asking $275

Fantastic Four #67 7.5 VF- 7.5 OWW - Asking $150 SOLD!

Fantastic Four #67 VF+ 8.5 (9.0?) OWW - Asking $400

Journey Into Mystery #57 VG- 3.5 - Asking $50

Journey Into Mystery #90 7.5 VF- OW - Asking $175

Showcase #32 4.5 COW - Asking $50 SOLD!

Strange Tales #97 Fine 5.5 OWW - Asking $600

Tomb of Dracula #1 VF+ 8.5 OWW - Asking $100 SOLD!

X-men #14 7.5/8.0 - Asking $300

X-men #17 VF/NM 9.0 - Asking $350

X-men #29 VF+ 8.5 / 9.0 - Asking $125

So for anyone reading this who isn't familiar with Roy as a seller, my experience is this: if he grades a book a 9.4, it's that, or better. 8.5? It's an 8.5 or better. Sure, he'll miss one here or there by CGC standards, but he's a tight grader and has a fine eye for comics. The Witching Hour 13 that I bought from him as a NM- arrived and I thought, "Whew, gotta grade that one." It got a 9.6. The Star Wars NM that he sold me graded as a 9.6, too. Those aren't the first books I've bought from him. Eventually, I'll sub something and it will come in lower than he thought, and maybe lower than I thought as I try to be conservative as well. But no matter what CGC might say, you're going to get a sharp book and you're going to get your money's worth.

And no, this is not a paid advertisement, though I might just send Roy an offer on another book now.

So time to crack those wallets! 7SiNcGH.gif

X-men #120 CGC 9.6 White

Not sure how to price this. There is a last GPA of $900 ( :o ) but it's sold between $179 and $450 over the years. Asking price is $350 which is the 90 day GPA average.

X-Men%20120%20B%20CGC%209.6%20Big_zpswun8wim3.jpg

Is this book 30% off too?? If so, :takeit: Please advise.

Please advise.

No. The raw books in the last post (with a link to a previous thread) are the only books that are discounted by 30%

And no, this is not a paid advertisement, though I might just send Roy an offer on another book now.

David, I appreciate the kind words. (thumbs u

Strangely enough, it seems that when I submit books they don't get the same grades as when my buyers submit them. lol