• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana Jones 2019

34 posts in this topic

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/15/disney-announces-new-indiana-jones-for-2019-release-with-spielbe/

A fifth Indiana Jones movie was officially announced by Disney today, with Steven Spielberg returning to direct, and Harrison Ford once again playing the titular role. The franchise, part of Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm, will return to theaters on July 19, 2019. Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm's President, and Frank Marshall will produce.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios in a press release. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

The franchise's first four films have grossed nearly $2 billion globally (which, incidentally, Star Wars: The Force Awakens from Disney/Lucasfilm outdid on its own), and is considered a pioneer in modern action/adventure films. With Ford as Indiana Jones, an archaeologist and explorer, he paved the way for later heroes, like video game stars Nathan Drake and Lara Croft. While Disney's ownership of Lucasfilm is only a few years old, Indiana Jones rides and attractions have been at Disney Parks for years.

Disney's Bob Iger confirmed at the end of December 2015 that a new Indiana Jones was on the way, but this is the first official announcement including the returning star and director, and the announcement of the release date.

I saw that announced. Not sure how I feel. Crystal Skull was ok. Harrison Ford is great, but not sure how long we can expect him to keep doing this. Weren't they looking at replacing him? I know they tried to use that Shia Labeouf kid before he went nuts but I also heard rumors of Bradley Cooper.

Uh-oh.

What Does Indiana Jones 5 Announcement Mean for Marvel's Inhumans?

Disney today announced a new Indiana Jones movie, the fifth in the series. Harrison Ford is returning to star in the movie, the first since Disney purchased Lucasfilm, with Steven Spielberg returning to direct.

They also announced the release date: July 19, 2019. For those who keep up with movie release schedules, that's exactly one week after the previously announced date for Marvel Studios' Inhumans, a movie announced as part of their large extended slate, but rarely talked about since. Marvel Studios is also owned by Disney.

I'm guessing Ford will have a whip in one hand, cane in the other. :preach:

This. Honestly, star wars was just awkward for me. They were 10 years too late in making it.

Time to just lay back and enjoy the music

I hope Harrison Ford shows more excitement for this than he did for The Force Awakens. Otherwise he shouldn't be making this movie.

I understand promoting a movie is daunting and tiresome but in many of the interviews it looked like he was getting a root canal.

***I'll decide how I feel about this movie once I see the trailer

Awesome! I can't wait to see it.

I can't say the same. Crystal Skull was forgettable and now they want to do another one? How old is Ford now? This seems not unlike an aging rock band (cough, cough, Rolling Stones) that just doesn't know when to quit.

They really, really need to reboot this with Chris Pratt while he's still young (36). He showed in Jurassic World that he's better for the role than even Ford was.

Normally, I'm not a fan of franchise reboots. For instance, nothing against Chris Pine and Zach Quinto, etc, but there's only one original Star Trek crew.

However, I like the idea of Chris Pratt as a new Indy. Can't think of anyone better right now.

However, I like the idea of Chris Pratt as a new Indy. Can't think of anyone better right now.

It's also difficult to see how you'd transition from Ford to Pratt in any satisfying way. Lucas' idea of doing that by making Shia LaBeouf Indy's son was dumb. And what, if the next one had been Shia only, it would have been "Mutt Williams and the Macguffin of Ancient Origin"? No thanks. :eek: Since they gave such a specific origin of Indy's name--it was the name of his dog--there's no good way that occurs to me of transferring that name on to another younger person. And even if they did, Pratt is almost forty years younger than Ford...who would the villain be at that point, the Russians again? Lame.

Better to just reboot it with Nazis and a new Indy.

It's also difficult to see how you'd transition from Ford to Pratt in any satisfying way. Lucas' idea of doing that by making Shia LaBeouf Indy's son was dumb. And what, if the next one had been Shia only, it would have been "Mutt Williams and the Macguffin of Ancient Origin"? No thanks. :eek: Since they gave such a specific origin of Indy's name--it was the name of his dog--there's no good way that occurs to me of transferring that name on to another younger person. And even if they did, Pratt is almost forty years younger than Ford...who would the villain be at that point, the Russians again? Lame.

Better to just reboot it with Nazis and a new Indy.

+1 :applause:

5 Ancient Artifacts Indy Could Search For In Indiana Jones 5

The Tower of Babel

The Knife of Cain

The Golden Fleece

The Labyrinth of the Minotaur

The Lost City of Atlantis

I was going to say The Golden Fleece. But finding Atlantis could be a really cool movie.

Especially if it is run by aliens.

They really, really need to reboot this with Chris Pratt while he's still young (36). He showed in Jurassic World that he's better for the role than even Ford was.

It might be hard to get Chris Pratt now,after all he is in two mega hit franchises in GotG and Jurassic World! The price might have went way up for him and I really can`t think of anybody who ever had three hit franchises running concurrently?