• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder WOman 98 vs. 97

6 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDER-WOMAN-98-1st-Silver-Age-Appearance-DC-Comics-VERY-RARE-KEY-SUPER-HOT-/161925800243?hash=item25b387a133:g:tFAAAOSw5IJWedOu

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Silver-Age-DC-Comic-Wonder-Woman-97-LOOK-/321960076706?hash=item4af650e5a2%3Ag%3AQEoAAOSw%7EotWgHzT&nma=true&si=r7XtBBwTcf%252BEXa3%252B7WPwul1lSMc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

So why is 98 considered "first silver age" and is a billion times more expensive than 97? 97 even seems a little harder to find even. I understand the artist/writer changed between 97 and 98 and they tweaked her origin, but unlike green lantern, flash, hawkman, etc., wonder woman was published continuously throughout the 50s, there was no 10 year gap where the character came back very different.

The DC Big 3 (Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman) all kind of fall into the "to each his own" category when marking off the SA for that very reason. Heck, most of my life, Wonder Woman 105 was the "first" SA issue.... I still have trouble getting used to 98's newfound position. Some people even go by the "5000 Prizes" banner to simplify things. Me, I try not to lose a lot of sleep over it..... if I want the book and like it, I don't care if it came out in 1815 or 2015....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The DC Big 3 (Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman) all kind of fall into the "to each his own" category when marking off the SA for that very reason. Heck, most of my life, Wonder Woman 105 was the "first" SA issue.... I still have trouble getting used to 98's newfound position. Some people even go by the "5000 Prizes" banner to simplify things. Me, I try not to lose a lot of sleep over it..... if I want the book and like it, I don't care if it came out in 1815 or 2015....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This sentence should be everybody's guideline to collecting.