• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It is time for Comic Book Men to be cancelled

82 posts in this topic

Wait... that show had been on for 6 years since? I seldom watch some, not all. Granted, I agreed that most of times was about toys or games.

Whenever I had it on TV. I also read a comic book or surf the Web at the same time. IMO it should be done closed by now. (shrug)

The only good episode of this show was when Baltimore Lauren showed up and schooled those guys on Archie comics.

IMHO, of course.

:)

-slym

+1

Also making them sweat over the placement of her tattoo...that was funny.

The only good episode of this show was when Baltimore Lauren showed up and schooled those guys on Archie comics.

IMHO, of course.

:)

-slym

is there a clip of that somewhere?

It's Season 3 ep 1 and it's on Netflix if you have that. I'm not sure BL's part is on YouTube anywhere, but Lou's is.

I do watch it because it's the only thing on that's supposed to be about comics although a lot of it isn't.

I was initially so excited about the show that I acquired this rare promo comic before the show even aired. I have never seen another one. I am now thinking about using it for toilet paper! lol

comicbookmen001_zps8d04a4fc.jpg

There's A TOOOOON of awful stuff out there, but there's actually a LOT of really great stuff out there too. If you don't watch a lot of tv, you're not missing out. But if you like tv, you don't have to settle for stuff that's not up to snuff, you deserve better, and its available pretty cheaply for the most part.

If you're a discerning viewer, search the internet for some discussions and/or podcasts that talk about shows more in your wheelhouse.

I was initially so excited about the show that I acquired this rare promo comic before the show even aired. I have never seen another one. I am now thinking about using it for toilet paper! lol

comicbookmen001_zps8d04a4fc.jpg

I have a few of these somewhere that I received from AMC a couple of months before it aired.

Back to the show, though, I like the roundtable because these guys have chemistry. They grew up together and look like they are having a lot of fun. Change the subject from the fake stuff that happened in the store that week to what's new in the world of comics and you have a winner. Bring in guests like Jim Lee, Garth Ennis, Kevin Eastman, Frank Miller, Rich Buckler, Marv Wolfman, Roy Thomas, Neal Adams or stars form the comic related movies and TV shows and they would have a big hit. Like "The View" except with entertaining guests and funny hosts.

I would care if that were my website (it's not) or if I did more than provide a link to something.

This isn't legal advice. More friendly advice. But that is not the rule at all. MGM v. Grokster is the controlling scotus case. If you knowingly link to violating material, you can be held liable. (Gross simplification of the ruling)

Scotus ruled in favor of Grokster

And it was about software not links

Kav reread the Wikipedia entry. Grokster won in the lower courts, the case was remanded (meaning they lost in scotus) Generally the first name in a scotus case is the party who lost in the lower court.