• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Orlando Universal Studios Report

19 posts in this topic

Since one has a Wizard World LA report, I thought I would post up some of my pictures from my trip to Orlando last week. I had Spring Break from school, so I decided to hit up Orlando for sunny skies and warmer weather. Of course I had to hit up the Hulk rollercoaster and Spider-Man 3D ride. I recommend the 3D ride, it was a lot of fun...made me feel like a kid again.

761437-P3160042.JPG

Also took a picture with Spider-Man.

761437-Spider.JPG

Interesting thing to note...there is a comic book shop inside of Universal Studios. No back issues, but a lot of moderns and TPBs.

761437-Spider.JPG.5d3254d4218ee1fe173f603973b6b060.JPG

I've been probably ten times, and did the Spidey ride at least that 15 times (just go in the single rider line and there's no more then a 10 minutes wait). blush.gif

.Love both Universal Parks. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, it was actually more fun than I anticipated. And we did the thing with the single rider lines too. We cut down wait times from 40 minutes to 2 minutes. tongue.gif

My girlfriend loved the MIB ride in Universal Studios.

The Jurassic Park area of Islands of Adventure was pretty impressive also.

761500-dino.JPG

761500-dino.JPG.1f3ab6691fbb57f73a5b50362d529e3f.JPG

How did you like the Hulk ?

Spider-Man ride was awesome.

It was okay, nothing special really. It was fun, but fairly standard as far as roller coasters go. The one thing I did like about the ride was that it just jetted us straight out, which was unexpected.

very cool. My family has been investigating Universal Parks when our son gets a little older!

I would recommend it. I think you might have as much fun as your son. As for your son, I would recommend that he is at least 4 years old. I don't understand why some people bring their infants to the park, it isn't like their kids will enjoy or remember it. confused-smiley-013.gif

The Marvel attractions are actually in Islands of Adventures, not the Universal Studios theme park itself. They are literally right next to each other, but you need a different ticket to get into each one.

I really had a great time, the weather was almost perfect. Mid 70's, light cloud cover, not quite enough sun though. I would recommend going in the spring or fall.

Also took a picture with Spider-Man.

761437-Spider.JPG

I see being a true comic fan. You are the only one holding your hand in the correct Thwwwpptt.. position.

Way to represent brotha!

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

How could he say Hulk was just OK? That ride was great!!! My fiance and I rode it like 5 times. Spidey was great as well. And the x-men ride is about par with the course.

I dunno...I think my senses are just dulled to roller coasters. My girlfriend and I were pretty much in agreement (which by itself is pretty rare) that the Hulk wasn't anything special. I have gone on a lot of rised and they are all pretty much the same unless they have got some kind of gimmick. I live fairly close to the Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ, so I get to ride roller coasters all summer long. They don't have many attractions like Spider-Man in Islands of Adventure or MIB in Universal Studios.

I didn't even bother with the Doctor Doom Free Fall, because rides that just drop you from great heights are a dime a dozen. confused-smiley-013.gif

How could he say Hulk was just OK? That ride was great!!! My fiance and I rode it like 5 times. Spidey was great as well. And the x-men ride is about par with the course.

I dunno...I think my senses are just dulled to roller coasters. My girlfriend and I were pretty much in agreement (which by itself is pretty rare) that the Hulk wasn't anything special. I have gone on a lot of rised and they are all pretty much the same unless they have got some kind of gimmick. I live fairly close to the Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ, so I get to ride roller coasters all summer long. They don't have many attractions like Spider-Man in Islands of Adventure or MIB in Universal Studios.

I didn't even bother with the Doctor Doom Free Fall, because rides that just drop you from great heights are a dime a dozen. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's cool. I don't get to go to parks that often. I thought the Hulk kicked butt, esp in the front seat. Dueling Dragons was pretty cool to sitting in front. Don't remember the Dr. Doom thing though. I thought it was funny that the x-men ride was pretty much the "Scrambler". Good time though. Did you go next door? We didn't have time.

That's cool. I don't get to go to parks that often. I thought the Hulk kicked butt, esp in the front seat. Dueling Dragons was pretty cool to sitting in front. Don't remember the Dr. Doom thing though. I thought it was funny that the x-men ride was pretty much the "Scrambler". Good time though. Did you go next door? We didn't have time.

Yes indeedy. If you ever go back, I suggest going to the MIB ride, it was fun. It might also be one of the more popular rides in Universal Studios, right up there with the Shrek 4-D ride (which unfortunately, we did not have time to do). Islands of Adventure was more packed with people and visually more impressive.

If roller coasters are your thing though, Universal Studios is somewhat lacking. The only thing they have that resembles a coaster is the Return of the Mummy Ride, which while visually impressive, is not really a roller coaster (no loops and you will never be upside down). Still, I enjoyed it. wink.gifthumbsup2.gif