• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
34 34

4,337 posts in this topic

New ebay Cancellation Policy!

What's new

Buyers now have the option to request an order cancellation using the Cancel orderbutton before the item is marked as shipped.

What sellers should know

• You retain full control to either accept or decline cancellation requests

• You’re protected from neutral or negative feedback for any cancellation requests made through our updated process, regardless of whether you accept or decline

• You may notice a slight increase in cancellation requests, but should receive fewer direct messages from buyers inquiring about cancellations

• In prior tests, this change resulted in a minimal increase in cancellation requests (maintaining an overall average cancellation rate of 1%, with an increase from .9 out of 100 transactions to 1.1 out of 100 transactions), and a notable 25% improvement in buyer satisfaction, which led to a higher likelihood of repeat purchases

For a detailed overview of these changes, please visit our eBay Community page [ebayadservices.com].

:popcorn:

Ok, then.  I hope I don't see "a slight increase" in requests.  I always honor the request regardless of how stupid the reason given and then block.  I'm sure I'll continue to do so.  One percent is probably high in my experience, but I'm not selling too much modern drek, either, where a lot of the problem children seem to be...

Is it possible this is just more incentive for sellers to print that shipping label immediately?  I don't know how the magic of the eBay algorithms work,  but I seem to get that steady trickle of sales if I 1) list constantly and 2) ship immediately.:691460725_armsraised:

On 8/30/2024 at 1:04 PM, cigars&comix said:

my store hit a rare milestone today - i figured Id screen capture as Ill never see that again. and it will stay in the anals of history in this chat until I hit 8888.

image.png.0d7f5be765b437214c733f7ed8cea6cb.png

image.png

If you'd like, I'll buy something and give you negative feedback, so you can see that again with your next positive feedback.

I seen so many people trying desperately to sell this run for less than a dollar per book... what is happening with this auction? 

There is literally the full run for 0.5 per book  available below...

Screenshot_20240903_210401_eBay.thumb.jpg.588811a8fd75f899a84198f85f2004a1.jpg

Edited by Coverdeath

On 9/4/2024 at 7:13 AM, Coverdeath said:

I seen so many people trying desperately to sell this run for less than a dollar per book... what is happening with this auction? 

There is literally the full run for 0.5 per book  available below...

Screenshot_20240903_210401_eBay.thumb.jpg.588811a8fd75f899a84198f85f2004a1.jpg

Based on the image you posted here, that's 49 books. The current bid is 101.00. That's more than $2 per book, even before shipping and potential tax.

On 9/4/2024 at 3:11 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Based on the image you posted here, that's 49 books. The current bid is 101.00. That's more than $2 per book, even before shipping and potential tax.

Yes what is totally impossible to understand as I said. 

On 9/4/2024 at 9:14 AM, Coverdeath said:

Yes what is totally impossible to understand as I said. 

Oh, I see what you're saying now. I thought you were at a loss to understand why this auction is so cheap (when it's not), but you're saying it's going for far more than it should since there are cheaper options.

I hate it when I check a listing for something that comes up in the results for a saved search, immediately identify it's not the thing that I want and close the page (without adding it to my watch list), and then inevitably get an email "Make an offer on [thing that you clearly don't want, or else you would have saved it in your watch list]."

Hey just be aware that Silver Age Comics UK was banned from here and they are on Facebook contacting people privately to do deals.   Just a Public Service Announcement and a warning.  

image.png.0caf5df8c8632f691a9e105eb7da64cb.png.c7c14991bb9cb01903b04dec1a884bc1.png

Edited by Buzzetta

Follow up on SilverAgeComics UK

Seems that they were kicked out of a comic group on Facebook as people are calling them to task for STILL creating chargebacks.  There is their Facebook profile that they are still using in another group. 

https://www.facebook.com/AkshayWork2

Owner of Silver Age Comics UK

So... be warned. 

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 4.51.39 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta