• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying comics off EBAY is a "crapshoot" getting them safely to your door..well

23 posts in this topic

I just have to rant today. This is about the last straw with me & sellers off ebay. I've posted before about how the post office handles your comics. Could'nt find it,but this one's the sellers fault too.Here goes: purchased 2 different auctions from seller around 10 comics. Emailed seller & asked him if he would ship in a box,said he would ship in priority box if I paid the extra postage, so I agreed to. Recieved comics today in a large #4 bubble mailer marked media mail,shoved into my mail box damaging my comics! Hell, it was'nt even marked "DO NOT BEND", Fragile or whatever.I clearly put that on all my packages of comics that I have mailed,back & front.Anyone else have similar experiences? Just thinking they could've had a chance of arriving safely if put in that Priority Box that I paid for.......I'm out.

I hate when a mail person does that. I don't think they would have had a chance to do that to a box. I think you should send an e-mail telling the seller what happened and what they are going to do about it. If they don't answer, just neg them.

I solved the problem by buying one of those large mailboxes. You can lay a magazine down flat in it. Comics in bubble mailers are no sweat at all.

Good idea, but I would slap that seller for not doing what was promised. Neg him!

I solved the problem by buying one of those large mailboxes. You can lay a magazine down flat in it. Comics in bubble mailers are no sweat at all.

Um, can you store those things in an apt. bldg? insane.gif

No you have to nail it to your door! sign-funnypost.gif

I hate when a mail person does that. I don't think they would have had a chance to do that to a box.

Obviously, you have not been on the receiving end of a mailman collapsing a box to get it through a slot... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Fortunately, not comics, but still...

I just have to rant today. This is about the last straw with me & sellers off ebay. I've posted before about how the post office handles your comics. Could'nt find it,but this one's the sellers fault too.Here goes: purchased 2 different auctions from seller around 10 comics. Emailed seller & asked him if he would ship in a box,said he would ship in priority box if I paid the extra postage, so I agreed to. Recieved comics today in a large #4 bubble mailer marked media mail,shoved into my mail box damaging my comics! Hell, it was'nt even marked "DO NOT BEND", Fragile or whatever.I clearly put that on all my packages of comics that I have mailed,back & front.Anyone else have similar experiences? Just thinking they could've had a chance of arriving safely if put in that Priority Box that I paid for.......I'm out.

Oh, yeah....been there and done that. My seller even said that it was my mailman's fault for bending the flexible mailer that WASN'T marked "Fragile, don't bend". I guess my mailman didn't use his X-ray vision to see what was inside the mailer. Sellers like this are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. They will try to blame anyone but who is truely at fault....themselves.

It comes down to this for me. It isn't the buyers responsibility to ask for proper packing. It's the sellers responsiblity to make sure they pack the books appropriately. Appropriately doesn't include mailing comics in FLEXIBLE MAILERS, as they are designed TO BE BENT!!! Use a box! They're free from the USPS. I will only ship in this fashion and I have never had anything but positives comments about it.

The two i just won on ebay are like this:

All comics come bagged and boarded. The comics are then placed between 2 thick pieces of cardboard to ensure that they arrive in the condition advertised.

It's a forumite, so i will trust him, and i got em dirt cheap so ima be happy if they arrive in one piece for what i paid heh :P

Get this guys. I recently bought this comic off eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64&item=6516944307

The guy wrapped in a mile of bubble wrap and in a hard cardboard case, yet the stupid british Post Office still managed to ruin my day! I opened it to find a crack on the front from the right side of the case down the the bottom aroudn the middle. I turned it over and there was an enormous crack from the right of the case alllllll the way to the left! I was absoltely gutted and im now going to have to post it allll the way to cgc studios to get it re holdered :'(

(I reckon they should expand to a wee grotty office britain somewhere *cackle*)

I nearly lost two valuable comics in the past six months to the USPS. Both times they were insured, but would have been tough to replace even if I was reimbursed. And both times they were misplaced in my post office. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but when your post office is the main one in Philadelphia, that poses a bit of a problem! Thankfully both were recovered unharmed.

The books?

Voodoo Annual #1 in VG

Contact Comics #12 (LB Cole sci-fi cover) in F-

yikes!

Just about all my mail gets folded by mailmen.

They have even folded one of those priority boxes to fit it into my normal size mailbox. Man that really ticked me off. Talk about lazy. The guy could of just brought it to the door and left it there. That was the day I just had it with the post office. So I called and complained. But it must of fell on deaf ears. The mailmen still fold my mail.

So I just always assume my mail will be folded and ask many times of the seller to please mark "DO NOT BEND" on packages sent to me. Most sellers will do that. But I still get ones that find it too hard to mark a package DO NOT BEND. I don't think I'm asking to much.

The great thing about my mailmen is they always pull up to my shop and hand deliver my mail,

amazing what a bottle of booze during Christmas will accomplish smile.gif

The great thing about my mailmen is they always pull up to my shop and hand deliver my mail,

amazing what a bottle of booze during Christmas will accomplish smile.gif

$50 to mailman at Xmas time is a GREAT investment. Now if I can just keep him from taking days off- that's when the schizo backups trash my mail.

For whatever reason, I have this feeling that whenever they see a DO NOT BEND, or FRAGILE, they just kind of laugh and kick it around or whatever.

When I first started doing ebay and taking packages into the post office I used to have a DO NOT BEND and FRAGILE stickers on them. More times than not after I paid I would watch them just toss them into a big bin. And I mean toss. They would be roughly 4-5 feet away and just give them a good whirl into the bin.

I would suspect that they would at least wait until I left to do that, but at least I knew for a fact that they did that.

The post office just got to be a mess for me to use. It was way easier to ship everything out UPS ground, which is basically as fast as priority to everywhere except the west coast which is a day longer.

Today of the 3000-4000 packages I have shipped out UPS I haven't had a single complaint. If I ever did, I am happy with the fact that they are all automatically insured for at least $100

We still use the post office, but they really should have a thinktank think about how they can steal back some of the thunder they lost to UPS and DHL. I for one stopped giving them about $1000 a month so I have to assume there are more people out there who did the same because of situations like crammed boxes into doors and mailboxes.

UPDATE:Recieved this email from seller.Thu, 24 Mar

Casey,

Since this is obviously my mistake, I would like to resolve this by

simply sending you another set Priority Mail, like you paid for in the

first place. I hope you will forgive me for the oversight. he Books

will go out Saturday morning, and you should have them by Tuesday or

Wednesday of next week.

Well it's sat. & I haven't got a thing. Christo_pull_hair.gif How much more time would you give this guy? I'm about to do a charge back, never had to do it before but I will. I also asked him if he would like for me to return the damaged books but he never answered me..............