• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"T.O.G.S." only- no stinkin' DC or Timely

375 posts in this topic

Comichut - Thanks for sharing those pages thumbsup2.gif A man of few words but oh boy not only your copies are WOW but you present us with books we have never seen - a true connoisseur. Actually puts me to shame trying to put this one in this thread (+ it is out of jon's imposed time range) but it is another (and my only) Zolne cover

764361-AirboyZolneCover.jpg

764361-AirboyZolneCover.jpg.3ba68d9e63ad05fe4c8347c7fc0a7974.jpg

Great books everybody 893applaud-thumb.gif

This is the copy that was featured in the Gerber PhotoJournal. Most of the other Peps pictured in the PhotoJournal are from the Church collection, but a few are not. Anyone know where the missing Church Peps are?

Sorry it's so dark, I'm not sure what my scanner's issue was.

766610-pep24.jpg

766610-pep24.jpg.8220240e4df79110319bad34a01ac155.jpg

This is the copy that was featured in the Gerber PhotoJournal. Most of the other Peps pictured in the PhotoJournal are from the Church collection, but a few are not. Anyone know where the missing Church Peps are?

766610-pep24.jpg

A 7.5 Pep #24? It's official, I hate you 143ksk. My copy that took forever to find had a completely taped spine and a MAJOR spine roll.

Green with envy,

Shawn

I use to have the 1-5.....they wound up with Steve G. in 1999 when i 'traded' them to Alex Acevedo....the rest of them could have been picked up for a song in the second (?) Sotheby auction.....jon

oh...bye the bye....great book....

Nearmint, that book looks too nice to be a non-pedigree copy. hail.gif

It's from the Charles Strong collection. He was an editor for Nedor, and kept a single copy of every comic he edited. His books are definitely pedigree quality, but the collection probably wasn't large enough to achieve pedigree status. The Thrilling #33 & 38 posted earlier in the thread are from the same collection, as is my Exciting #30. I suspect my America's Best #6 is also from the same collection, but don't know for sure. I wish I'd purchased more!

Hey Jon:

Do you know what the latest number Pep was in the Larson collection? The only Larson Pep I ever owned was number 7--bought straight from Joe Tricarichi many years ago.

Steve.

Hey Jon:

Do you know what the latest number Pep was in the Larson collection? The only Larson Pep I ever owned was number 7--bought straight from Joe Tricarichi many years ago.

Steve.

Post picture?

popcorn.gif

766610-pep24.jpg

Knock-out colors on the copy!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif