• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Wings 88 IS the highest graded.

23 posts in this topic

I am really confused as to why people are giving it anything 9.0 or higher.

I will definitely say that it is a very nice and well preserved book. But there is a tiny tear at the bottom right back cover for the spine as well as some wear on the lower staple.

I hope that I am wrong and you get that high grade you are looking for.

I will definitely say that it is a very nice and well preserved book. But there is a tiny tear at the bottom right back cover for the spine as well as some wear on the lower staple.

those are binderytears on the back spine. It happens during production. Have a look at the link of the CGC 9.2 and you'll see the same bindery tears, but they are on the front cover top and bottom. Search for a CGC 9.8 Amazing Spider-Man 700, a real thick book. I think every copy I ever saw had top and bottom tears. So many 9.8s with them tears.

those are binderytears on the back spine. It happens during production. Have a look at the link of the CGC 9.2 and you'll see the same bindery tears, but they are on the front cover top and bottom. Search for a CGC 9.8 Amazing Spider-Man 700, a real thick book. I think every copy I ever saw had top and bottom tears. So many 9.8s with them tears.
Bindery tears on a CGC 9.8 http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-2014-Signed-by-Humberto-Ramos-/231371940739?hash=item35ded7a383:g:rLEAAOSwDN1UTqh6

I'd bet that your Wings gets a 9.4 to 9.6, it is much sharper than the CGC 9.2.

I count 4-5 light spine tics on the FC that barely break color.

Perfectly sharp corners, no dulling (unlike the CGC 9.2,)....and the CGC 9.2 also has a small tear on the FC, close to the girl's heel....as well as a small chip with a small stress line, a bit below her heel...about halfway between the BRC of the FC and her heel.

The only thing keeping me from saying 9.6 is that it looks like there may be a small tear on the BC, right at the top of the bottom staple.if that is a tear, I could see it getting a 9.2, possibly a 9.4.

I think so! Is it a pedigree?

Even though I've been looking for a nice copy, this is well out of my price range...

Good luck,

I think so! Is it a pedigree?

Even though I've been looking for a nice copy, this is well out of my price range...

Good luck,

I dont think its a pedigree. CGC rec'vd it today so I hope to know on Tuesday or Wednesday :popcorn:.