• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who's your Batman?

57 posts in this topic

I'm surprised how well Keaton is doing. While he's very likeable he's nothing to my interpretation of Bruce Wayne.

I'm surprised too!

I'm guessing you guys are a bit younger than many of us here. I think for many born in the 50's and 60's Keaton is Batman and Reeve is Superman. Old dogs and new tricks and all that.

for a long time Keaton was Batman but that little hint of unhinged as NEG stated never sat well with me in his interpretation as Bruce Wayne.

I thought Bale did a great Bruce especially in Dark Knight Returns.

"Unhinged" lol

That's the perfect description! It suited the tone of the film.

I'm sure most people didn't like Clooney... Thoughts on Kilmer?

I'm surprised how well Keaton is doing. While he's very likeable he's nothing to my interpretation of Bruce Wayne.

I'm surprised too!

I'm guessing you guys are a bit younger than many of us here. I think for many born in the 50's and 60's Keaton is Batman and Reeve is Superman. Old dogs and new tricks and all that.

for a long time Keaton was Batman but that little hint of unhinged as NEG stated never sat well with me in his interpretation as Bruce Wayne.

I just always thought the various characters in the Nolan films after Batman Begins were like table legs to Nolan's filmmaking craft of a table. Each one worked off each other to hold the production up. Despite his ferocity as Batman, Bale just blended in with the rest of the cast, which was a fresh spin on these kinds of movies. The real star was a city that was going to be saved. Great performance as a savior, yes. But as a Batman character, that a movie cannot possibly contain, no.

Its just my opinion.

I'm surprised too!

"Unhinged" lol

I remember reading Bob Kane thought he was the best Batman at the time before his passing.

Myself, I always thought Kilmer summed it up the the best for when he was pondering something on-screen. He was just thinking of what he was going to have for a sandwich. lol

Kilmer definitely had a hit streak with good movies from the 90's with The Doors, Tombstone, Thunderheart, The Ghost & The Darkness, The Salton Sea, Spartan and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang). :applause:

I'm surprised too!

"Unhinged" lol

I remember reading Bob Kane thought he was the best Batman at the time before his passing.

Myself, I always thought Kilmer summed it up the the best for when he was pondering something on-screen. He was just thinking of what he was going to have for a sandwich. lol

Kilmer definitely had a hit streak with good movies from the 90's with The Doors, Tombstone, Thunderheart, The Ghost & The Darkness, The Salton Sea, Spartan and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang). :applause:

Tombstone :cloud9:

Kilmer in Tombstone ...

(worship)

Before that, I never thought I'd give him much praise! But have you seen some of the stuff he's been in recently? :eek:

After decades of denial, I have to come to realization that Adam West is my Batman. No, he's not the modern Batman iteration we all expect to see in print, especially modern print, but he's my Batman and my hero from a time in my life where I didn't have worry about my job, mortgage, kids, politics, or terrorists attacks in our own neighborhoods.

I'm surprised too!

"Unhinged" lol

Kilmer in Tombstone ...

(worship)

Before that, I never thought I'd give him much praise! But have you seen some of the stuff he's been in recently? :eek:

I know.

You have to see Moscow Zero to believe how bad a Kilmer film can be. The lass in it is quite fetching though.

He did the narration of a new Tom & Huck film, co-starring Katharine McNamara as Becky Thatcher. She's a rising star on the verge that should get that movie noticed once she can open a movie.

But, the days for the "Ice Man" are most certainly over. :(

Tough one. If you ever saw Adam West Batman as an impressionable kid, he was soooo awesome. I loved seeing this show as a kid.

Keaton was very good, despite not resembling Batman at all.

Kilmer was good.

As much as I love the Nolan movies, Christian Bale doesn't resemble Batman much to me.

And I must say, Affleck was awesome as Bats.

After decades of denial, I have to come to realization that Adam West is my Batman. No, he's not the modern Batman iteration we all expect to see in print, especially modern print, but he's my Batman and my hero from a time in my life where I didn't have worry about my job, mortgage, kids, politics, or terrorists attacks in our own neighborhoods.

It's widely known the constant news coverage of the esclating Vietnam War killed the ratings of the Batman show. People just lost interest in keeping up with it. So, bad stuff in the world was happening back then too. (thumbs u

I'm surprised too!

"Unhinged" lol

Kilmer in Tombstone ...

(worship)

I know.

You have to see Moscow Zero to believe how bad a Kilmer film can be. The lass in it is quite fetching though.

He did the narration of a new Tom & Huck film, co-starring Katharine McNamara as Becky Thatcher. She's a rising star on the verge that should get that movie noticed once she can open a movie.

But, the days for the "Ice Man" are most certainly over. :(

Yes, sadly no longer our Huckleberry :(

It's widely known the constant news coverage of the esclating Vietnam War killed the ratings of the Batman show. People just lost interest in keeping up with it. So, bad stuff in the world was happening back then too. (thumbs u

Yes, but a carefree 5 year old, I was oblivious to all that. These days, I can't ignore all that any more.