• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC plans Rebirth

61 posts in this topic

Thanks DC. You cured me.

I am officially off moderns. Marvel's sickness with poor storytelling and art with DD and ASM made me stop collecting those titles. DCs copying of the number gimmick officially cleansed me from the rest of my titles.

I liked New 52. It was bold and at the beginning it had some really good stories and art. While the quality declined I still stuck with my titles.

I am down to Batman and JL. I see dropping JL shortly. Batman remains only for sentiment. I was not a huge fan of Snyder's work myself.

What was sad was that Batgirl and Nightwing started wonderfully in New 52. They exposed Grayson in FE, and that title ended poorly to be replaced by the lousy Grayson title. Aquaman and JL were always great if nothing else than for the art.

I wish they just told stories like they did in the 70s. Nothing needs to be that complicated. I get more joy reading silver/Bronze Age stories. I haven't thought about getting caught up with moderns for quite a while.

This. :golfclap:

Thanks DC. You cured me.

I am officially off moderns. Marvel's sickness with poor storytelling and art with DD and ASM made me stop collecting those titles. DCs copying of the number gimmick officially cleansed me from the rest of my titles.

Congrats on getting the monkey off your back. I quit moderns about 15 years ago and have never looked back. :cloud9:

30 years of sobriety for me as well.

Thanks DC. You cured me.

Congrats on getting the monkey off your back. I quit moderns about 15 years ago and have never looked back. :cloud9:

30 years is too long. You missed some good stuff. :(

Thanks DC. You cured me.

Nearly six years now for me.

Once I got out of the habit of a weekly visit to the LCS, breaking the cycle, I found that staying clean didn't require much effort. By the time I quit, keeping up with all the new stuff had become a bit of an expensive chore which I wasn't enjoying.

Thanks DC. You cured me.

Oh well -I did pick 298-328 ASM as back issues. I picked up batman(hush) also.

if you were to cherry pick the last 30 years what titles/issues were the best?

I feel like a baby collector compared to you veterans. I'm so hyped for the rebirth and y'all are like F moderns this and F moderns that. :preach: I'm sure you could argue your cases wonderfully...but dang.

Lets just say we have been down that road before ... we know where it leads. As a new collector go ahead and enjoy. Stick around the hobby for awhile and maybe you will find some older reads that arent too expensive like miller daredevil and byrne x-men to compare them to.

I feel like a baby collector compared to you veterans. I'm so hyped for the rebirth and y'all are like F moderns this and F moderns that. :preach: I'm sure you could argue your cases wonderfully...but dang.

Comics were better in the olden days. Change frightens me. The books were published using proper paper, back then : newsprint, it was called. I could buy all the comics I wanted for 50p or less each month. DC should go back to doing 100 page giants. It's not the same anymore. :cry:

I think the really big news here is, according to the article, $2.99 DCs.

Yeah, but now they're twice a month, right?

17 of them are. I'm not sure that is sustainable for several of the titles like Cyborg. The latest series is selling less than 20k, is there really that much of demand for twice a month?

17 of them are. I'm not sure that is sustainable for several of the titles like Cyborg. The latest series is selling less than 20k, is there really that much of demand for twice a month?

Has DC reduced the page count as well as the price?

Has DC reduced the page count as well as the price?

I believe it is the same page count that books are currently at.

Thanks DC. You cured me.

15 years is also too long. Unless you're a Marvel zombie, in which case 15 years isn't long enough.

People lose interest for their own reasons, but instead of being like 'hey, maybe I'm just bored of the hobby; I'll go do something else' they blame their waning passion on the people making the content, as if there was ever an era or decade without its share of drek.

The chase for the dollar via a new #1. Something so amazing to pick up an issue #400 and now you haven't missed an issue since #200. Never happen again. How many volumes does Cap have? Spidey? Now Batman is starting vol 3 I guess. I can't listen to the DC or Marvel guys pitching this anymore. I feel insulted and have the biggest urge to punch some of them in the face. Not Jim Lee, he can do no wrong in my eyes :)

People lose interest for their own reasons, but instead of being like 'hey, maybe I'm just bored of the hobby; I'll go do something else' they blame their waning passion on the people making the content, as if there was ever an era or decade without its share of drek.

I agree, there's so much good stuff out there to read, reboot or not (and there's also a ton of trash). ANd there's no real rush to read any of it. So find out which artists, writers, and characters you like, do the barest bit of research, and read TPB's or digitally a year or two after things come out. And enjoy what you enjoy. Out of all the stuff out there, if you can't find something you're into, you're probably doing it wrong. And yes one could make the argument that one shouldn't have to try so hard to find a good superman or spiderman story, but its a very fine line to balance between people who want fresh new material and to stay true to the heart of each character. I'd much rather live in this age of 'choice' than any other time. I have 50 - 70 years of comics available at my fingertips, and I'm pretty sure I haven't read every single 'good thing' out there, and I don't believe that 100% of things being produced today are automatically terrible, that's simply isn't true.