• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC plans Rebirth

61 posts in this topic

I'm not a fan of these events. The companies force feed you all the extra titles just to follow the main comics you read each month. I get that they are a company trying to make money but sometimes I think these events cause more harm than good. Most of my friends stop buying during these events, they lose sales of the regular popular titles. I guess they work or they wouldn't keep doing them every year.

Hot comics for the next two years until the next relaunch.

Everyone remember to cherry-pick 20 copies of Batman #1 (1st prints), slab em', and in two years sell them at $200 a pop. :idea:

just kidding

Blah blah blah couldn't finish reading the article. These guys have no idea what they are doing so they force feed us how important this is or that was. Waste of time. Haven't purchased a modern in months. Don't miss it."

It looks like Snyder will be doing All-Star Batman according to the article? That will be the Batman related #1 to collect then.

Hopefully they keep the current Harley Quinn creative team together.

Other than that, not much worth picking up.........

It looks like Snyder will be doing All-Star Batman according to the article? That will be the Batman related #1 to collect then.

Hopefully they keep the current Harley Quinn creative team together.

Other than that, not much worth picking up.........

HQ team is not changing at least not the writers, still Conner and Palmiotti.

Most of the changes are pretty good, Rucka on WW along with Liam Sharp and Nicola Scott. Tom King on Batman, Orlando on Supergirl. But their are some pretty meh ones, like Lobdell on Red Hood.

Personally I don't see how DC is going to ship twice a month on 17 books, but I do appreciate they dropped the price to 2.99.

Thanks for deciding what matters to every single person on the planet. I'm relieved to not have to decide for myself anymore.

I think the really big news here is, according to the article, $2.99 DCs.

Yeah, but now they're twice a month, right?

Thanks DC. You cured me.

I am officially off moderns. Marvel's sickness with poor storytelling and art with DD and ASM made me stop collecting those titles. DCs copying of the number gimmick officially cleansed me from the rest of my titles.

I liked New 52. It was bold and at the beginning it had some really good stories and art. While the quality declined I still stuck with my titles.

I am down to Batman and JL. I see dropping JL shortly. Batman remains only for sentiment. I was not a huge fan of Snyder's work myself.

What was sad was that Batgirl and Nightwing started wonderfully in New 52. They exposed Grayson in FE, and that title ended poorly to be replaced by the lousy Grayson title. Aquaman and JL were always great if nothing else than for the art.

I wish they just told stories like they did in the 70s. Nothing needs to be that complicated. I get more joy reading silver/Bronze Age stories. I haven't thought about getting caught up with moderns for quite a while.

Thanks DC. You cured me.

I am officially off moderns. Marvel's sickness with poor storytelling and art with DD and ASM made me stop collecting those titles. DCs copying of the number gimmick officially cleansed me from the rest of my titles.

I liked New 52. It was bold and at the beginning it had some really good stories and art. While the quality declined I still stuck with my titles.

I am down to Batman and JL. I see dropping JL shortly. Batman remains only for sentiment. I was not a huge fan of Snyder's work myself.

What was sad was that Batgirl and Nightwing started wonderfully in New 52. They exposed Grayson in FE, and that title ended poorly to be replaced by the lousy Grayson title. Aquaman and JL were always great if nothing else than for the art.

I wish they just told stories like they did in the 70s. Nothing needs to be that complicated. I get more joy reading silver/Bronze Age stories. I haven't thought about getting caught up with moderns for quite a while.

/StuporMan waits for the butthurt flood in response to this...

Thanks DC. You cured me.

Congrats on getting the monkey off your back. I quit moderns about 15 years ago and have never looked back. :cloud9: