• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade - Daredevil #1

34 posts in this topic

well, we had 14 guesses and 4 folks got it right.

grades ranged from a low of 7.5 to a high of 9.5 (?).

average grade was 8.3 w/bullseye's 9.5.

book actually graded at 8.5 blue label, OW/W pgs........... congrats to Silver surfer, Sfilosa, sterling and aces who all nailed it!!!!!!! acclaim.gif

i'll do a few more next week as i've gotten grades on some of my DC's..........

book actually graded at 8.5 blue label, OW/W pgs........... congrats to Silver surfer, Sfilosa, sterling and aces who all nailed it!!!!!!! acclaim.gif

It was the stain that did you in. Any significant, visible stain that is more than just a tiny dab on the back cover will drop the book down to 8.5 max. frown.gif

acclaim.gifyay.gif

It was the stain that did you in. Any significant, visible stain that is more than just a tiny dab on the back cover will drop the book down to 8.5 max. frown.gif

I bet you are right, Scott, but think it's a double standard on the part of CGC. A dust shadow is a far more onerous defect than that faint, dime-sized stain on the DD1, yet books can grade at 9.2 or even 9.4 with the former.

Hey Harry:

All of the books looked better then the grade. I'm sure you were a touch dissappointed, but it's not like you didn't recoup you cost several thousand times over on each of those books 893applaud-thumb.gif.

Good luck on the DC's and keep em comin.

thumbsup2.gif

7.2 it looks like there is a shift on the cover in relation to the interior pages, it looks yellow. The breakthroughs you mention are noticeable and there is either a ding or printing error on the V in Daredevil. The corners are pretty amazing looking with no dings at all. I'd be paranoid it was restored it looks so good 27_laughing.gif. It probably came back over 8.0 since I think criteria are more forgiving in same for old books from what little I have seen. I think it's an amazing looking book considering it's age. I sure wish it was mine not yours!