• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Age of Apocalypse Collection Price

51 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, the blob said:

I buy these when I see them out of nostalgia because I read, and liked the series (though I really did not like how they just killed off so many non-mutant characters with a waive of the hand..pretty insulting), but skip the excalibur, x-man, and genx series as I am pretty sure those will never go anywhere as nearly every book in either series is always worthless. three x-men titles that sold tons of books in their day, lasted years, were not bad (though i never read excalibur or x-man really), produced virtually no "key" issues, and are seemingly long forgotten. throw x-treme x-men in there too. sorting through my "x-men and related' boxes is such a giant PITA. too many spint off series, too many re-boots. blech.

This. 

AoA may make a comeback in a new Disney world, but who knows when that will be and you’ll want keys only. Look for Alpha and Omega Gold variants. 

18 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

For those just looking to read the collected stories - is there some sort of set of TPBs available? If not-- seems like a no-brainer to put these out.

Oh you bet dollars to donuts there is The Marvel Comics: Age of Apocalypse OMNIBUS, collecting all of your favourite reads including the stories leading up to and completing this epic tale!

Only such a handsome glory can be purchased at the magnificent magnitude of $100 crisp American dollars, if you wait patiently, at your local online ebay retailer...

This 90s classic of nostalgic nothingness needs to be neither neglected nor ignored! For this nonsensical and unnecessary narrative nosedives noisily into nonstop nauseating action, numbing all nerves needlessly until all nuances are negligible.

Enter Now...

The Age of Apocalypse

11 hours ago, D2 said:

Oh you bet dollars to donuts there is The Marvel Comics: Age of Apocalypse OMNIBUS, collecting all of your favourite reads including the stories leading up to and completing this epic tale!

Only such a handsome glory can be purchased at the magnificent magnitude of $100 crisp American dollars, if you wait patiently, at your local online ebay retailer...

This 90s classic of nostalgic nothingness needs to be neither neglected nor ignored! For this nonsensical and unnecessary narrative nosedives noisily into nonstop nauseating action, numbing all nerves needlessly until all nuances are negligible.

Enter Now...

The Age of Apocalypse

yup, the omnibus typically sells for more than the originals. it does put a little bit of a damper on the upside for the set if they ever do an AoA movie/cartoon or whatever.

The Omni is popular, it has been through two printings already, and is currently out of print, and sells for $150-$175. So, buying the individual issues may not be a bad idea, cost wise. There's probably a softcover collection as well, which is probably going to be the cheapest route.

I read AoA this story, via the Omnibus and the companion Omnibus. I'd really looked forward to it, as this was the story that brought me back to X-Men. It...wasn't great. Definitely not as good as I remembered. The Jad Mad art had some of that magical zip, but otherwise it wasn't what I'd call great storytelling. Some nostalgia buttons pushed, which I guess is the best I can ask for this sort of stuff.

Does the omnibus have any supplemental text or material that helps someone understand what the hell is going on? I know nothing about these books but I am getting the impression they were one of those -- you had to be collecting at the time to "get it" kind of things. I mean-- - I've never been all interested in the X-Men in general (sold my handful of news stand copies ~ around issue 100 -112 ish ~ copies for peanuts in the mid 1980s-- and doubt I ever read those either).

I did get sort of into the whole Legion TV show and found myself buying some of those books associated with the series-- and still haven't read those either. Exciting times, huh?

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Does the omnibus have any supplemental text or material that helps someone understand what the hell is going on? I know nothing about these books but I am getting the impression they were one of those -- you had to be collecting at the time to "get it" kind of things. I mean-- - I've never been all interested in the X-Men in general (sold my handful of news stand copies ~ around issue 100 -112 ish ~ copies for peanuts in the mid 1980s-- and doubt I ever read those either).

I did get sort of into the whole Legion TV show and found myself buying some of those books associated with the series-- and still haven't read those either. Exciting times, huh?

Well, yes and no. I guess if you want the absolute, entirely complete story, you'd need the LegionQuest Omnibus, which is the story leading up to AoA (and some of which is reprinted in the AoA Omni) and then you'd need the AoA omni AND the AoA Companion Omni. But that'd be a lot to pay for a story that wouldn't really warrant that much $$$, IMO. But that would get you absolutely everything.

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Well, yes and no. I guess if you want the absolute, entirely complete story, you'd need the LegionQuest Omnibus, which is the story leading up to AoA (and some of which is reprinted in the AoA Omni) and then you'd need the AoA omni AND the AoA Companion Omni. But that'd be a lot to pay for a story that wouldn't really warrant that much $$$, IMO. But that would get you absolutely everything.

If the goal is to just read the issues, you could get a subscription to Marvel Unlimited for much cheaper. Heck, I think a year’s subscription would be less than buying those collected editions.

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

If the goal is to just read the issues, you could get a subscription to Marvel Unlimited for much cheaper. Heck, I think a year’s subscription would be less than buying those collected editions.

For sure! Unlimited is awesome and is 100% the only way to fly if someone just wants to read the story, and doesn’t need to own an object.

49 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

For sure! Unlimited is awesome and is 100% the only way to fly if someone just wants to read the story, and doesn’t need to own an object.

disgusting! need boxes of paper! blasphemy!