• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jewel of your collection

71 posts in this topic

I always loved the FF when I was a kid. I've got 88-296 complete....and hope to someday have the funds to complete the run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Not only was FF 211 one of my childhood faves , but the QP on that book is......perfect. cloud9.gif

I prefer 242-245 myself poke2.gif

Actually 258-260 was even better. poke2.gif

Nah tongue.gif 243 led to 262, which is one of the better stories Byrne wrote. Who cares about Dr. Doom? insane.gif

Representative book only as mine is for [#@$%!!!] on a slab. Mine is a 9.8/White pages and perfect QP in every way. BTW, I'd pay absolutely silly money for the cover artwork.

ff166.jpg

Jewel of my collection?

03_1_b.JPG

Aw cmon, someone had to post this issue!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif I have a couple of those also and had to bag and board them backwards with the cover facing the board so that stupid "jewel" didn't poke through the bag!

simple and yet difficult to answer...the bronze age jewel of my coll.!!!

quite possibly the AMS "triology" 121, 122 and 129. not because they are high grade copies, but because those are some of my all time favs. issues...still remember reading them as a kid, translated in brazilian (in Portugal we only got the brazilian editions...).

the avengers annual n°7 is also a great one for me, fantastic story and gorgeous art all the way!!!

then it comes the uncanny x-men CC/Cockrum/Byrne run...

oh man, too many great stuff to reduce into only one winner

regards

It's a very tough book in high grade; way undervalued in the OS, IMO. Supposedly there was a warehouse find awhile back, but I believe this find was limited to the second printing. Searching down on a NM copy of the first print took quite some time (finally nabbed this one on comiclink).

Plus, it's pretty durned bizarre, wouldn't you agree? Definitely an eye-catching cover. I tend to gravitate towards the oddball books as opposed to the more traditional stuff (though I am an admitted batman and JSA junkie).

Hey there shrunkenhead, I've been wondering about this book for quite a while now. Bizarre doesn't begin to describe it. Can you tell me what on earth the story is about?

Hey there shrunkenhead, I've been wondering about this book for quite a while now. Bizarre doesn't begin to describe it. Can you tell me what on earth the story is about?

Here is a synopsis from Flying Donut (who owns a 9.2 copy).

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post245972

Excellent link, Norrin. thumbsup2.gif And here's a link to the actual Hansi comic, (link is also posted in the FD thread).

http://www.carpsplace.com/spire/Hansi.pdf

The comic is an adaptation of a long-forgotten book that would be filed under the "christian/inspirational" section of your neighborhood bookstore. Hansi is definitely one of comicdom's genuine moments of unparalleled weirdness. Ya'll can keep yer mitts off my copy!

Excellent link, Norrin. thumbsup2.gif And here's a link to the actual Hansi comic, (link is also posted in the FD thread).

http://www.carpsplace.com/spire/Hansi.pdf

The comic is an adaptation of a long-forgotten book that would be filed under the "christian/inspirational" section of your neighborhood bookstore. Hansi is definitely one of comicdom's genuine moments of unparalleled weirdness. Ya'll can keep yer mitts off my copy!

thanks for the link...

wow, indeed is a weird book that one!!! 893whatthe.gif893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif