• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jewel of your collection

71 posts in this topic

Thanks for the summary. I used to argue endlessly with my friends as to which superhero could beat which superhero when i was a kid. (still do actually, damn Busiek and his Supes vs Thor fight !!! sorry.gif) So I love issues like this.

Gorgeous Dr. Strange, WDB. Have you found a nice copy of Marvel Premiere 3 as well? Relatively speaking for a Bronze book, this re-appearance of Dr. Strange in his own series is tough to find in top grade - only 10 copies in 9.6 or above, compared with 18 for MP #1 and 29 for MP #15. The copy I bought off the rack is a little worn, and I've been looking for a long time for a topnotch replacement copy.

Gorgeous Dr. Strange, WDB. Have you found a nice copy of Marvel Premiere 3 as well? Relatively speaking for a Bronze book, this re-appearance of Dr. Strange in his own series is tough to find in top grade - only 10 copies in 9.6 or above, compared with 18 for MP #1 and 29 for MP #15. The copy I bought off the rack is a little worn, and I've been looking for a long time for a topnotch replacement copy.

I have 3 really nice unslabbed copies of MP#3, one of which I got in New York City the last time I was there that would definitely grade at least an 8.5. I've been looking for a real beauty though (a 9.4 or higher) but as you know they don't come up too often!

I have a Dr. Strange Vol. 2 #1 with the Mark Jewelers, but definitely not a 9.6. Those darn inserts definitely cause covers to go off center, to say the least...

drstrange1jeweler.jpg

By the way, because of this darn thread, look what the voices in my head made me buy this morning...

MARVEL PREMIERE #3 CGC 9.6 WHITE PAGES

foreheadslap.gif

I have a Dr. Strange Vol. 2 #1 with the Mark Jewelers, but definitely not a 9.6. Those darn inserts definitely cause covers to go off center, to say the least...

drstrange1jeweler.jpg

By the way, because of this darn thread, look what the voices in my head made me buy this morning...

foreheadslap.gif

Ouch. I could never drop that type of dough on a Marvel Premiere book. I just don't care about the title that much, and I don't care about the grade that much either. I'd be happy with an 8.0. That being said...it's a very nice lookin' book. thumbsup2.gif Hope you enjoy it.

drstrange1jeweler.jpg

foreheadslap.gif

Really. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Knew I should have bid on this batch JScomics had up for sale a while back. Sold for $130.

790520-DrStrange1copies_MarkJewelers_%24130.jpg

589a8e554eaac_790520-DrStrange1copies_MarkJewelers_130.jpg.9eb8e87f84221be6eaf47d8a32b9b33a.jpg