• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Easter is over show your Bonnetts covers!

21 posts in this topic

Bonnetts Book store in Dayton Ohio. We have all seen and or owned copies from this fabled "used book" store. Probably every comic, pulp or magazine was resold through this store back in the day.

Must have been awsome to go in and look at their stock. I have quite a few of their books. I think David T Alexander must have bought them out since he seems to have more than anyone else.

Anybody ever see a big key like Action #1, Tec #27 or Cap #1 with that stamp? What's the oldest book you've seen? How about the newest?

Show 'em if you've got 'em!

Here's one to get the ball rolling

comweirdchills1_zpsmt3kopzm.jpg

Any body know why David T Alexander has so many Bonnetts? Seems like every 3rd or 4th one on his Ebay listings is a Bonnett copy.

Dunno - I skip right over those listings. :eyeroll:

Precisely - their pricing structure is just ridiculous.

Any body know why David T Alexander has so many Bonnetts? Seems like every 3rd or 4th one on his Ebay listings is a Bonnett copy.

Dunno - I skip right over those listings. :eyeroll:

Precisely - their pricing structure is just ridiculous.

Those two Targets I showed are probably the only two books I've ever bought from them; rather special circumstances where I wanted to get all the later Targets scanned for DCM. Their listings boggle the mind, but if for some reason you want a book NOW they can be the only game in town.

Alexander has been friends with the Bonnett family for a long time, and yes, he's bought out much of their remaining stock in recent years. Over a decade ago he handled an impressive group of golden-age keys Bonnett's sold off... including a CGC-graded 3.0 Action #1 (no Bonnett's stamp, if I recall), as well as Sensation #1, All-Star #3 (several copies I believe) and about 3 or 4 dozen other high-end books. Their pulp and comic stock is now pretty much gone, I'm told, slowly sold off over time.