• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold and Silver Age Artists

28 posts in this topic

As the convention season is upon us, I started to think are there all that many Gold/Silver Age artist/creators still with us?

So just off the top of my head and in no particular order I came up with just:

Stan Lee

Steve Ditko

Joe Sinnott

Jim Steranko

Roy Thomas

Russ Heath

Allen Bellman

Barry Windsor-Smith

Neal Adams

Steve Skeates

Len Wein (has one or two stories that made it in)

Bernie Wrightson (also had one story at the end of Silver Age)

Please feel free to add as many as you can think of.

Frank McLaughlin

Tom Palmer

Whenever I think of Palmer I think of his great run on the Avengers in the 80's and 90's, I didn't know he started out so early in the late silver age on Dr. Strange.

There should be a more concerted effort to give these guys some love, setup more sig series event signings with these people before we lose them. I'm thinking specifically of mclaughlin, giella, royer, etc.

There should be a more concerted effort to give these guys some love, setup more sig series event signings with these people before we lose them. I'm thinking specifically of mclaughlin, giella, royer, etc.

Traveling is difficult for Mike sometimes. Given enough notice, I plan to drive him to signing events on the west coast when he gets invites.

Agreed. It's a win-win situation. They are shown some appreciation and some cash and fans get some cool signed books for their collections. It seems that once some of the lesser knowns are found, they suddenly start making appearances and interacting more. Allen Bellman comes to mind immediately but others have done it as well.

Frank McLaughlin

Tom Palmer

Whenever I think of Palmer I think of his great run on the Avengers in the 80's and 90's, I didn't know he started out so early in the late silver age on Dr. Strange.

Tom actually pencilled one issue right after Strange Tales was renamed Doctor Strange. It wasn't very good.

The very next issue had Palmer inking Colan pencils.