• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League 179 Whitman variant

15 posts in this topic

:applause:

Nice copy for sure! There's a $15 ebay coupon available that you could use today to make the price a little more affordable! :kidaround:

And he's got an undercopy for sale too, but it's got a big chunk missing off the back.

The under copy sold for $100.00 USD and the CGC 9.8 White Pages will be coming up

for auction tonight with no reserve.

That book is truly amazing....then again so is the price :o

:baiting:

Well it looks like it closed at less than a 10th of the original asking price.

And im willing to bet that the offer he declined was higher than the auctioned price.

Yikes. Agree, I'd take that bet.

And im willing to bet that the offer he declined was higher than the auctioned price.

I'm the one who bought it, so I was pretty pleased with the price... I expected it to go much higher.

I'm the one who bought it, so I was pretty pleased with the price... I expected it to go much higher.

It's an outstanding copy! My best copy is in the VF - NM range so it would have been a wonderful upgrade for my collection. But it turned out well for you so I'm glad we didn't end up bidding against each other! I didn't bid on the JLA179 because these two packs came up for sale on the same day a few hours earlier. Like you I am also pleased at the price paid on these two packs!

The Action/Wonder Woman pack is a combo I've seen on ebay just once before. IIRC I bid the last one way up but was still just the underbidder so it was great to snag it this time. The Wonder Woman 261, Action Comics 501, Superboy 257 combo is the only combo I've see that has the WW261 and Act501. However the Superboy 257 has been seen before in a 2-pack with WW260 (not WW261).

The Batman/Wonder Woman combo contains Wonder Woman 257, Batman 317, & Justice League Of America 172. I've never spotted these Batman and JLA issues in a pack before, but I have seen WW257 in packs that contain 3 different WW issues.

So a never-before-seen pack plus a total of four comics in combo packs that I didn't have in any package meant that these were my bidding focus rather than the JLA179.

161943.jpg.8272a45caa1af5e619c7d2f8f0d46430.jpg

161944.jpg.f0a34701aadbba893790527415b4657a.jpg

161945.jpg.e919330b816c3204591a2f6e02c7fea1.jpg

161946.jpg.1d4540a884e613191ed72243a536530c.jpg