• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VIP Package for Frank Miller Dallas with sketch

29 posts in this topic

A friend of mine won one of the 30 VIP Frank Miller package for the Dallas show in June, but can't afford it. He is willing to forward the opportunity to someone else in exchange for for getting one of his books signed and CGC'ed by Miller. The package is like $1100. PM me if interested.

What’s included:

Original hand drawn Batman head sketch by Frank Miller on a DKIII #1 comic or

an art board

Priority seating at a private Frank Miller & Dark Knight III creative team presentation

Oversized limited edition lithograph by Frank Miller

3 autographs each from Frank Miller, Andy Kubert, Brian Azzarello and Klaus Janson

on items of your choice.

· Commemorative ticket

A friend of mine won one of the 30 VIP Frank Miller package for the Dallas show in June, but can't afford it. He is willing to forward the opportunity to someone else in exchange for for getting one of his books signed and CGC'ed by Miller. The package is like $1100. PM me if interested.

Wait, to clarify. I pay $1100 instead of the $995 it actually costs for the opportunity your friend can't afford and on top of that I also have to give 1 of my 3 free Frank Miller sigs to him, leaving me with 2 and pay $200 for him to use 1 of my sigs to sign and slab one of his books? So why doesn't he just say what it really is, he is selling this opportunity for $1300 and you have to give him 1 of your 3 free Miller sigs!? It sounds like he never had any intention of winning it and just wanted to make a $300 profit and get a free Miller slabbed book.

I think the op is saying the package is valued at $1100 which was a guess by him. I read it as: it is free minus the cost of a CGC book with a Miller sig to the person who is giving away the vip package.

Hopefully that's the correct translation.

I assume, since the individual won the lottery, he either pays the $995 or forfeits his spot. I read it as he will transfer his spot, but not for free, he still wants compensation and that is at least $200, $150 Frank Miller CGC fee, $38 CGC fee and then shipping. Whoever takes advantage of this opportunity will end up paying anywhere from $1200-$1300, depending on the service fees and taxes on the opportunity and the book chosen to be signed. As well, since it is under this other persons name the cost will have to be paid by the original lottery winner. In essence is he transferring it or selling this opportunity?

For clarification, the cost of the package is 995 plus tax, so I think he final cost is somewhere just shy of 1100. He isn't charging anymore than the cost of the package.

So he is not also charging the cost to get 1 book signed and slabbed by Frank Miller, valued at a little more than $200?

Which also changes the package from 3 sigs to the new recipient to 2 free sigs.

The way I see it, which is fine, but being transparent, he is hoping to make $200 profit through receipt of a free signed and slabbed Miller book provided by the seller to the new buyer. It is not a straight transfer, but something that will cost the new buyer closer to $1300.

If he can't afford it then why did he even join the lottery? They said since the beginning that it was going to cost money.

All he did was take someone else's spot and now wants to make profit off it.

If he can't afford it then why did he even join the lottery? They said since the beginning that it was going to cost money.

It's his right to do so is it not? Unless he somehow is breaking the contest rules. He won a lottery. He can't use the item, and now he hopes to sell it. Happens everyday.

It's not like he took food from a starving child. If he can find a buyer willing to pay, then he got a free slab and the buyer gets something they want. If he can't, then who is harmed? Him? I don't think there's any reason to have sympathy for him either.

It's just another thing for sale. If the price is right, buy it. If not, move along. At least that's how I view it

I think the rub is he won the slot for free. Now he is trying to profit off it. Someone else who was willing to pay the asking price and had to money to pay for it missed out. His profit point is also very large. He wants 200 and a frank miller autograph. So in effect The purchaser not only pays 200 more than sticker price but he looses an autograph.

I think the rub is he won the slot for free. Now he is trying to profit off it. Someone else who was willing to pay the asking price and had to money to pay for it missed out. His profit point is also very large. He wants 200 and a frank miller autograph. So in effect The purchaser not only pays 200 more than sticker price but he looses an autograph.

I understand the resentment, but I have no problem with this. Consider the season-ticket holder who regularly puts his tickets on Stub Hub to make a profit. This is America. This is capitalism. No one is forced to buy anything. If no one wants to pay the price he's asking, his price will come down. That's the way this works.

I understand the resentment, but I have no problem with this. Consider the season-ticket holder who regularly puts his tickets on Stub Hub to make a profit. This is America. This is capitalism. No one is forced to buy anything. If no one wants to pay the price he's asking, his price will come down. That's the way this works.

From what I understand he basically stole a spot from someone else. If he knew he couldn't do it, why enter to begin with? It's a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed move

The Season ticket holder on stub hub buys all his tickets in advance payment in full. Then He sells them. How I understand it this gentleman did not pay for his slot yet and yet he is selling it for a profit. Is that correct ?

It is gone. He thought he could afford it when he entered but apparently had some unexpected taxes due