• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "Deceptive Price-Tag Coverup"

11 posts in this topic

So I bought this book at Wondercon and finally got around to rebagging it so that I could file it away. Hmm, so what do I find under the large price tag? I find "Pam" frustrated.gif.

Yes, I take part of the blame as I did not take this book out of the bag to inspect it before purchasing. But being that it was only $24 and not a high grade, I really didn't think it was necessary. But I also would certainly not have purchased this book if I knew "Pam" was on the cover. This is downright deceptive. Putting the price sticker over something like this to hide it 893naughty-thumb.gif I've seen price tags hide other things before, but nothing THIS bad. Any of you ever encounter such a scam? Unfortunately I do not remember which dealer I bought this book from.

763622-WH.jpg

763622-WH.jpg.8f3e1661c6eb7f1f8d24c65b44f87a59.jpg

I hate it when people stick the kind of price tag on a comic that you cannot remove without destroying the comic. Makes me blood boil! As for that deceptive trick it has happened to me once where i removed and and the colour under it had been ripped off! wasnt an expensive comic tho so i wasnt too bothered.

If you kept the price tag, it's possible I could recognize it.........

Unfortunately this happened a few days ago and I just got around to writing this, I threw the old bag and sticker away already. But the sticker was the kind used in stores printed off of some kind of pricing gun and it was placed on the comic bag, which was then placed inside of a mylar.

That would have to be a large sticker to cover up that size marking. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Like I said it was partly my fault. I think a little bit of one of the letters was still visable from outside the sticker, but not enough for me to have really noticed. Being just a Fine or so I didn't examine it too thoroughly. The point is, most of the word was intentionally covered up to hide the flaw, and I fell for it. Just teaches me to be even more careful and to definitely inspect all books before buying. This has happened before where a little color speck or scrape was covered up by the sticker too.