• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are comics addictive?

75 posts in this topic

OH I dunno, you going to make another man crush thread? I might consider it

Having an interest in someone and and having a crush are two different things. You're holding the cards... no crush thread unless you want me to.

So you are admitting you have a crush on me?

Depends on what you mean by crush. I think you're very different than me, which is intriguing and I love your responses. It feels genuine and you come off as being really cute.

You two should just get a room and get it over with.

Please no

It's weird how it happens. I used to think Adam Strange was boring. Suddenly I started enjoying them now I'm trying to pick up reader copies.

I used to hate Kirby. Now I can't get enough.

Yep, it's addicting.

I'm debating whether to go into the store tomorrow. Since I started selling a couple of years ago, I got rid of 60 long boxes... but I've still got about 30 more boxes to sort through.

I think I am addicted to the "thrill of the hunt". Why else would a normal sane person get up at 3:00 AM and go out into the cold to hunt junk with a flashlight?

The "chase" is much more fun than the piece it'self...

Is there a lot of hunting these days though? Most comics are readily available and the biggest obstacle is money. (shrug)

Yes there are exceptions, but the majority of comics are pretty easy to find online.

Having an interest in someone and and having a crush are two different things. You're holding the cards... no crush thread unless you want me to.

Depends on what you mean by crush. I think you're very different than me, which is intriguing and I love your responses. It feels genuine and you come off as being really cute.

What just happened? (shrug)

What just happened? (shrug)

CGC the new match making forum?

I used to be addictive to collecting comics. The thrill of the hunt, the anticipation of the arrival, etc. So much fun. Now my addiction go to this one mobile app. I spend an entry fee of $6 and $0 since. I am still completely captivated by the game two years later and probably saved hundreds of dollars spent on other entertainment.

I am trying to get back into comics BUT the prices are crazy high. I could get a small reading stack for what 1 comic cost today. That isn't fun at all. Oh, I could just get the trade. That statement actually makes so much more sense in today market. HOWEVER, those are mostly OOP and just as expensive. :ohnoez:

It is hard to come back into this hobby and want to enjoy comics for what they originated as reading material. I dabbed a bit this year and got my three small runs that will take me through the summer. Filled in some holes in my collection thanks to the sales forum here. Now it is back to grinding on my app game.