• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starwars Visionaries

9 posts in this topic

This is a tpb that has many stories that are mockups from Starwars III. The real interesting one is the origin of General Grievious.

The cat gets let out of the bag this week concerning the movie and I know that this area of the forum is for more modern comics but the dark turn looks good. It also means that Star Wars is going to hit hard and star wars back issues are going to blow up.

When you think about it Anakin Skywalker is presented by being limited in his own development and thus decides if he can't take his appropriate place within the Jedi then he will become the dark princeling of the Empire.

Darth Maul makes an interesting return on Tatoine with hopes on getting revenge. The whole bionics endeavor is revealed in Visionaries. The other thing that is really nice about it is the beautiful lush worlds that they developed in the mockups.

What are other thoughts on this.

Yes, the thing about Anakin turning into Darth Vader is because he's not allowed to wield the power he has. The Jedi way is the whole Zen swordsman martial arts philosophy,"We learn karate so that we need never use it" kind of dichotomy. All throughout their training, Jedis are told that they have great power, and Anakin especially is "the chosen one" who could be more powerful than all others. But they are supposed to receive philosphical training that allows them to accept that just because they have power doesn't mean they have to use it. With Anakin, it doesn't take. Then there's the whole man/machine corruption thing going on, and pretty soon he turns to someone who understands him and lets him learn and flourish the way he thinks he should. It'll be nice to see the story come full-circle and, hopefully, not suck.

Always makes Newt feel good inside seeing a possitive thread about StarWars not started by newt himself.

StarWars Visionaries (which accidentally was sent out by Diamond before it's April 2nd release date) was really good. My favorite was the Darth Maul and General Grevious stories. Just so you folks know this Visionaries TPB is considered StarWars: Infinities which is kind of like Marvel's What if and DC's Elseworlds stories...so basically it's up to the reader to decide weather the stories inside are part of countinuty or not.

While on the subject of StarWars.....I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag....

the Revenge of The Sith Tpb leaked this weekend and every page has been scanned and put on the internet, however Lucasfilms has stopped most of the links.

It angers me when stuff like this gets pirated and bootlegged in this manner.

I'm going to buy the TPB and the Novel on April 2nd, but I am going to wait till after May 19th to read it.

I have however seen some of the pages that did leak and they are awesome.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Newt. Is that little clip from the Clone Wars cartoons that are out on DVD?

I've been reading Obsession. I had the Grievous #1 in my hands, but didn't buy it. Is it any good? I'm also wondering when Star Wars Tales #21 is coming out. confused-smiley-013.gif

Newt. Is that little clip from the Clone Wars cartoons that are out on DVD?

I've been reading Obsession. I had the Grievous #1 in my hands, but didn't buy it. Is it any good? I'm also wondering when Star Wars Tales #21 is coming out. confused-smiley-013.gif

Grevious #1 had it's good parts and it's bad parts, I enjoyed how the first issue ended. I'm hoping I enjoy 2, 3 and 4.

It is true. StarWars Tales 21 and 22 are out.....issue 23 comes out April 6th.

The clip from my signature is indeed from Clone Wars, however not from an episode that is on the DVD. THe DVD contains Episodes 1 thru 20. The clip in my sig is from Episode 21.

Eventually episode 21 thru 25 will also be put on DVD. I'm hoping soon smile.gif

When was Grievous' first appearance in comics?

Grevious made his first appearance in other media before his first appearance in comics, in the novels and the CLONE WARS Cartoon, but his first appearance in comicbook form was...

Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures #1 (Free Comic Book Day Edition)

(July 2004)

Which was later reprinted in...

StarWars Clone Wars Adventures #2 (November 2004)