• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Board Awards!

Best Thread Of Recent  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Best Thread Of Recent

21 posts in this topic

This should be done at the end of every year. At some point in the year, we can all nominate which threads should be included. There could also be "Poster of the Year" award.

Very true actually, just make this a mock one then. Though possum should be most pointless poster of the year with his chaka [#@$%!!!] 27_laughing.gif

Any reason you put an actual serious question (Does CGC grade books with the bag still on) thread in with the "SHILL" threads as worst thread?

Comicwiz's persistent, honest and true daily postings of the Superman dailies is deserve honors

To me, regardless of the pressing and resto posts I get so involved in, regardless of the BA horror and pre-code horror, crime, romance and whatever else.

Comicwiz has consisitently been posting the Superman Dailies for an ungodly amount of time. And they ARE being read.

THIS is what the boards are really about. Comicwiz has been silently posting - with an ocassional "Yeah!" type of response. What? Today is the 26th? Hey! Another Comicwiz Superman daily! Today is the 27th? Another Comicwiz Superman daily!

I swear if today was the 43rd he would have a Sperman daily to fit! grin.gif

And Comicwiz does not do this for notice or praise, but only to share. Such is the spirit of the boards. Such is what makes the best of the boards.

I say Vote For Comicwiz and His Superman Dailies for #1 spot! Dagnabbit!

::edited for too many typos etc to mention - argghhh Christo_pull_hair.gif::

Comicwiz's persistent, honest and true daily postings of the Superman dailies is deserve honors

To me, regardless of the pressing and resto posts I get so involved in, regardless of the BA horror and pre-code horror, crime, romance and whatever else.

Comicwiz has consisitently been posting the Superman Dailies for an ungodly amount of time. And they ARE being read.

THIS is what the boards are really about. Comicwiz has been silently posting - with an ocassional "Yeah!" type of response. What? Today is the 26th? Hey! Another Comicwiz Superman daily! Today is the 27th? Another Comicwiz Superman daily!

I swear if today was the 43rd he would have a Sperman daily to fit! grin.gif

And Comicwiz does not do this for notice or praise, but only to share. Such is the spirit of the boards. Such is what makes the best of the boards.

I say Vote For Comicwiz and His Superman Dailies for #1 spot! Dagnabbit!

::edited for too many typos etc to mention - argghhh Christo_pull_hair.gif::

Gosh, thanks for the show of support POV! The motivation to continue with the strips and any sense of appreciation are linked directly to the fact that board members like yourself are enjoying the strips. thumbsup2.gif

I second the Supes strip thread nomination.. thumbsup2.gif

I must confess though.. I personally wait a week or so before I read the strips.

That way I can read 6-7 all in one sitting.. ( I know that is cheating.. I just hate waiting to see how a story ends)

Thnx for taking the time Joseph.

Ze-

This should be done at the end of every year. At some point in the year, we can all nominate which threads should be included. There could also be "Poster of the Year" award.

It's been done a couple of times, but I don't feel like searching for the threads.

Good call, Pov. Those daily strips are a riot. Supes sometimes comes off pretty dark. Not quite the boyscout he's made out to be.

Yeah, in the current installment he's a real loose cannon who's lost the plot a little -it's a surprisingly good read. Somehow the writers will find their way to a logical denouement.

My vote would be for Tim's Show Us Your 10 Centers in Silver Age and Sterling's Infinite Bronze Age Horror Thread in the bronze. What about the Top 10 magazine thread? Another great one. Lots of other great threads out there, but those are my picks.

Joe