• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's unacceptable for brand new comics?

35 posts in this topic

It's not about being "hung up" it's about personal preference :foryou:

Well said. People have their own preference. Some might be ok with a 9.0 for moderns. Some aren't. Same applies to silver age, coppers and bronze. Peope have different collecting preferences.

Maybe I shouldn't have said hung up, I certainly didn't mean it in a negative way. Everybody certainly has their likes and dislikes and I can respect that.

I understand from a collecting stand point, that you want to best grade possible, and the standard for moderns is 9.8, but if its just for reading I'm willing to compromise, and get something lower. I also wouldn't mind if its a little lower if I would be getting it signed, or if it was a hard to find, and very limited variant cover since I didn't have the option to be picky.

Lastly something to consider is that some comics are known to have defects directly from the printer, like with ASM 300 for example so you might not even be able to find a copy without that flaw, and if you do expect to pay a premium for it. Though if it is a recognized printing flaw for that book I don't think it effects the grade if you send it to CGC.

Well said. People have their own preference. Some might be ok with a 9.0 for moderns. Some aren't. Same applies to silver age, coppers and bronze. Peope have different collecting preferences.

Maybe I shouldn't have said hung up, I certainly didn't mean it in a negative way. Everybody certainly has their likes and dislikes and I can respect that.

Nah you're good FF! :foryou:

I understand and appreciate anyone's opinion.

No offense taken. That's what the forums are for. Discussion. We might not all agree but the forum would be a very boring place if everyone agreed on every single topic.

Ok, tell me if I'm being unreasonable here. You probably can't see the spine, but it's where it looks like colour has been stripped in places (not the whole spine). You can see the corner ding.

Am I just being too anal.

20160410_133158.jpg

Ok, tell me if I'm being unreasonable here. You probably can't see the spine, but it's where it looks like colour has been stripped in places (not the whole spine). You can see the corner ding.

20160410_133158.jpg

You're being anal about the spine. That's production related.

As for the fuzzy corner, if it was mine I would probably keep it but not slab it.

-J.

20160410_133158.jpg

You're being anal about the spine. That's production related.

As for the fuzzy corner, if it was mine I would probably keep it but not slab it.

-J.

+1

Isn't NM supposed to be typical newsstand condition? So nice, but not perfect?

Anyway, I look for a perfect copy off the rack when I buy. And may ask for a discount if the only copy left has some dings if it isn't a hot book. I didn't do that though when my lcs put out the rat queens 1 staples variant at cover price with a spine tick. I was ok with that.