• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 696 - Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey - Timeline Question

4 posts in this topic

Hoping someone can help me figure out the continuity here. Is Action Comics 696 the first time we learn that Doomsday is still alive/has come back from the dead? Does Action Comics 696 lead directly into Superman/Doomsday: hunter/Prey?

Page 22 of Action Comics 696 shows (I believe for the first time) Doomsday alive again floating on an asteroid through space - I can only assume that this is the asteroid that is picked up in space in Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey #1 and brought to apokolips where the rest of the story unfolds.

But I wanted to confirm that Action Comics 696 is the first time that we Doomsday alive again and that it leads in Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey

In Superman 78, the Cyborg Superman attaches Doomsday to the rock and throws it through space. Doomsday is shown alive and laughing before the end of the issue.

Action 696 is kind of a teaser, with Superman and Doomsday passing through the same wormhole but in opposite directions and just missing each other.

Thanks for the info (I should have remembered Superman 78).

So is Action 696 still the lead in to Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey? i.e., it has to be asteroid that is picked up in issue 1 - right?