• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's The Most Overrated - Semi-Finals

Semi-final 1  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Semi-final 1

20 posts in this topic

Michael (Bendis) Moore?

If Bendis does not win this contest outright, I demand a recount. This guy exemplifies Overrated.

Please. Vince, you should know that Byrne has been a hack for 20 years, coasting on his X-Men fame. What has he done since 1985 that has been any good? Superman, MAYBE.

If Bendis does not win this contest outright, I demand a recount. This guy exemplifies Overrated.

Please. Vince, you should know that Byrne has been a hack for 20 years, coasting on his X-Men fame. What has he done since 1985 that has been any good? Superman, MAYBE.

Maybe true but his body of work is so much greater than what Bendis has cranked out that its not even close. Serves Byrne right for moving to DC.

What? No Rob Liefeld ???Christo_pull_hair.gifforeheadslap.gif

You and I and everyone in Comicdom knows full well that Liefeld is not overrated.

Everyone knows Liefeld is utter [#@$%!!!], and don't rate him at all.

sign-funnypost.gif

I agree!

But for awhile there he was "Hot! Hot! Hot!" foreheadslap.gif

I say he was "Not! Not! Not!" makepoint.gif

Never did understand all the hupla! confused-smiley-013.gif

I was thinking the same thing about Moore 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Besides, Byrne and Moore have been around much longer, passing witless tripe as reading material. So as krappy as you might think Bendis to be, he's only got exponentially krappier role models to draw influence from 27_laughing.gif

So as krappy as you might think Bendis to be, he's only got exponentially krappier role models to draw influence from 27_laughing.gif

Would you still feel this way if you didn't have 20 long boxes of Ultimate Spider-Man back issues cluttering up your living room? tongue.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Well, Moore may still get my vote...I don't think I've really enjoyed any of his work since the 1980s. For example, LOEG I was OK, LOEG II stank and "From Hell" was one of the worst comics I've ever read, period.