• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plutona - First Published Image and TP Cover

18 posts in this topic

Just got back from Emerald City Comic Con and touring the Seattle area. As usual, I came back with some new comic book art.

Here's the first posted piece. It's the first published image of the characters in a comic called Plutona. In Plutona, a group of children find the body of their world's greatest hero, the woman Plutona, in the woods. The story follows the impact of that event.

When I bought it, I knew it was the first promotional image, but did not know that it was being used as the cover of the trade paperback. I found that out as I was preparing the description.

Click the link and check it out.

aKXU6dYR_1204160848521gpadd.jpg

She wasn't happy to see it go when I bought it. She had me take a picture with it so she'd have something to remember it by.

I was thrilled to get it. I seriously doubt that it will ever be worth a lot more than I paid for it, but I really like the image.

I stumbled upon an interview with Emi in which she talks about Plutona (among a number of other things) with Ben Dewey, another artist whose work I really enjoy.

Click

Scroll over to 13:38.

Emi's an awesome creator. I met her at Image Expo a couple years back and she was kind enough to sketch something in my journal when I just asked for a signature. But I know she's into journals what with her original fame through her diary comics :)

Yeah, I bought directly from Emi. Had to have a friend pick it up though, because I don;t think she is too big on packaging and shipping. I suggest seeing which shows she is going to and if there is one near you or you have a friend going to a show she is attending, hit her up on Twitter and request a page.

Though I am sure now that she has a bunch of pages from a book, she may get a rep to make things easier on her in that respect. My guess would be Cadence would rep her, just because that is who reps Lemire... Or I could see The Beguiling scooping her stuff up as well.