• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this waterstained j.l.a #5

11 posts in this topic

The book without the waterstain is probably in the 4.0-6.0 range, but given the extent of the waterdamage what would you guys give it? First pic taken with my new digital cam. I know this questions been brought up before, but how do i blow the pic up and put it on the mainscreen?

764992-P1010105.JPG.6cf028fce114306b1fe986ad24ab0618.JPG

unfortunately, that's about the biggest water stain i've ever seen. if it was just a bit bigger, you wouldn't be able to see the very distracting edge of the stain. based on the fact that it affects both covers and bleeds thru to the insides the deduction has got to be major. i'd guess a 2.0 tops.............

and despite that, it's pretty presentable overall.

in case anyone didn't notice, that's Bats and Supes way down below in their very first cover appearances with the JLA..............

Thanx for the input guys, i appreciate it. Other than the disasterous stain, it's still a great book, lots of gloss. I picked it about for about $20 at a con about 3 years ago. I was about to pass on it but for that price i saw no problem having it in my collection. yay.gif