• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2022 at 11:31 AM, paperheart said:

anyone done a post mortem on China? covid resurgence? Hollywood absence did not make the Chinese heart grow fonder? after barely $3 million second weekend, won't get to $25 million there.

Like was noted a page or so back, China has experienced a resurgence leading to mass theater closings.

What is going on there is nutty.

On 3/27/2022 at 9:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

Like was noted a page or so back, China has experienced a resurgence leading to mass theater closings.

What is going on there is nutty.

"Covid" is not a valid excuse anymore and hasn't been for at least a year now.

That didn't stop F9 and no time to die doing great there , not to mention two of their own movies that made 850MM+ in China alone in the last 14 months.  Chinese had absolutely no interest in jungle cruise either.  Maybe the government should start approving more movies their popularions actually "want" to see.

The movie just isn't doing great business, other industry columnists have now started taking note of that as well (while usually also making some seriously sad excuses themselves), that's just the way it is at this point.  

I'm not saying it won't be profitable in the end, it just isn't anything to be giddy and back slappy about.  

The movie just did "okay".

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 3/27/2022 at 8:29 PM, Jaydogrules said:

"Covid" is not a valid excuse anymore and hasn't been for at least a year now.

That didn't stop F9 and no time to die doing great there , not to mention two of their own movies that made 850MM+ in China alone in the last 14 months.  Chinese had absolutely no interest in jungle cruise either.  Maybe the government should start approving more movies their popularions actually "want" to see.

The movie just isn't doing great business, other industry columnists have now started taking note of that as well (while usually also making some seriously sad excuses themselves), that's just the way it is at this point.  

I'm not saying it won't be profitable in the end, it just isn't anything to be giddy and back slappy about.  

The movie just did "okay".

-J.

China is locking down cities and half the theaters are closed but ok

On 3/27/2022 at 9:10 PM, paperheart said:

yeah, like 2021 :roflmao:

image.png.a701d3d518db658e761cfcb8a7d6b01a.png

On 3/27/2022 at 9:10 PM, paperheart said:

yeah, like 2021 :roflmao:

image.png.a701d3d518db658e761cfcb8a7d6b01a.png

Dude.  Give it up.  The theaters were only closed for a matter of days regardless 

The movie just plain flopped there.  Deal with it. 

-J.

On 3/27/2022 at 9:16 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Dude.  Give it up.  The theaters were only closed for a matter of days regardless 

The movie just plain flopped there.  Deal with it. 

-J.

waaaah, Pooh wouldn't release Venom: Carnage #searchingforAquaman'sprofit

Edited by paperheart

On 3/27/2022 at 10:06 PM, ▫️ said:

I love how he’s presented with facts and its, “Dude give it up.” You’re arguing with a child.

"Facts" irrelevant to the actual point.  

I'll let you know if you or anyone else trying so hard to excuse this dud ever start doing it right.  (thumbsu

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 3/27/2022 at 10:06 PM, ▫️ said:

I love how he’s presented with facts and its, “Dude give it up.” You’re arguing with a child.

Bu-bu- bu- muh "covid".  Didn't happen at all in China in 2021. Maybe somenody can post another meangless graph for me.  .:eyeroll:

https://www.screendaily.com/news/china-box-office-market-slows-as-delta-variant-extreme-weather-closes-cinemas/5162434.article

https://celluloidjunkie.com/2021/11/02/new-wave-of-cinema-closures-across-europe-and-china/

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202110/1237777.shtml

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 3/28/2022 at 12:25 PM, Jaydogrules said:

"Facts" irrelevant to the actual point.  

I'll let you know if you or anyone else trying so hard to excuse this dud ever start doing it right.  (thumbsu

-J.

Who’s trying to excuse it? I haven’t even watched it. And I don’t care if its a flop or success. Just enjoying your usual childish arguments. Please carry on.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:44 AM, ▫️ said:

Who’s trying to excuse it? I haven’t even watched it. And I don’t care if its a flop or success. Just enjoying your usual childish arguments. Please carry on.

Pro -tip- try doing a little actual independent research yourself before you start cheerleading other people's irrelevant posts. 

Should I post all the links documenting China's MULTIPLE cinema closures last year again or did you already see them the first time a few posts up ? 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 3/28/2022 at 12:48 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Pro -tip- try doing a little actual independent research yourself before you start cheerleading other people's irrelevant posts. 

Should I post all the links documenting China's MULTIPLE cinema closures last year again or did you already see them the first time a few posts up ? 

-J.

Yes can you please post them all? If you can make time in your busy schedule. I mean you have been proven right so many times here in the past.

Edited by ▫️

On 3/28/2022 at 2:51 AM, ▫️ said:

Yes can you please post them all? If you can make time in your busy schedule. I mean you have been proven right so many times here in the past.

Nobody has ever "proven" me wrong about anything in here.  :roflmao:

Meanwhile, in reality: 

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202110/1237777.shtml

https://www.screendaily.com/news/china-box-office-market-slows-as-delta-variant-extreme-weather-closes-cinemas/5162434.article

https://celluloidjunkie.com/2021/11/02/new-wave-of-cinema-closures-across-europe-and-china/

You're drowning here dude.  

-J.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:54 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Of course they haven’t darling. This is a safe space.