• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

Reeves settled on two north stars: One was his initial pitch to tell a more personal Batman story, and the other was to focus on the detective side of Batman lore — an element previously explored more in the comics than on screen.

Reeves settled on a question that became his filter: “How can I find a detective story that he’s on that eventually becomes so personal that it isn’t just a detective story, but it’s something that forces him to have an awakening, forces him to change?” He said he “did a deep dive of reading every comic book” and “watched 4 billion noir movies” in search of his Batman.

On 4/12/2022 at 6:36 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I might check it out on HBO Max and fast-forward through all of the Catwoman BS.

I may watch it on 1.25 speed and see if it improves the pacing.

A new report from the Irish newspaper Independent.ie reveals that Keoghan was recently arrested in his hometown of Dublin after police responded to what has been described as a "public order incident." The police are said to have responded to a complaint from North Dublin residents who reported a man on an apartment balcony in an intoxicated state shortly before 7 am on Sunday, April 10th. Keoghan was reportedly non-confrontational throughout the incident and was released shortly after his arrest.

joker01.gif.164ec0f5e2c520b97c8f2ef77ab259ae.gif

On 4/15/2022 at 6:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

The Batman now at 3.7X production budget.

The_Batman_BO220415.thumb.PNG.153bd672a0e4bbb0a16c3cee79e5c5b7.PNG

Or as some would lead you to believe, "WB panicking it won't even break even".

(:

But, Suicide Squad.

Case.  Closed.  

I couldn’t wait for the HBO premiere. I just saw it, loved it and preordered it on iTunes. I didn’t mind the slow pacing at all as it felt more like a Neo-noir flick. Maybe a cross between Chinatown and Dark City. As much as I loved ZSJL, I didn’t want the same thing. This was a reinvention of sorts and while I didn’t love Bruce Wayne as he seemed underdeveloped as a character, I did love Batman. And Bruce may have been underdeveloped on purpose. Hands down, best Batmobile ever to hit the screen and I loved Gotham City as it felt new and yet familiar. There were shades of both Nolan and Burtons films in this one. Catwoman was well done and I enjoyed her role in it. I think we’re off to a great start.