• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

An example of how big a difference Home Theater has had with DC films: modern female superhero movies. As big a box office hit as Captain Marvel was, Wonder Woman (2017) outsells it by $31.33M just in the domestic market.

That's how non-average Wonder Woman was with audiences.

01_WW_HT.PNG.82ba4315523bffebb4a29e327e74d07f.PNG

02_CM_HT.PNG.62bd2cffb40ed82eba140e8ffc9e28b0.PNG

On 4/22/2022 at 2:18 PM, shadroch said:

When you need to bring up forty year old movies to make a point, the point may not be worth bringing up.

Man of Steel- didn't see.

Batman vs. Superman- walked out about halfway thru.

Snyders JL was good, burt I saw the original version first and it was mediocre

Watchman- meh.

The first Superman was in the 1970s and not very relevant to todays discussions. 

I'll give you DC was better than Marvel at movies in the 70s and 80s. 

The fact that these were done by outside agencies with DC having no imput might have helped.

Watchmen meh? :roflmao:Carry on.

Marvel hasn't hasn't completed one single movie that is an incredible movie, while at the same time sticking almost exclusively to the source material... like Watchmen. 

That's a soft comment. Typical.

On 4/22/2022 at 3:46 PM, Joshua33 said:

Watchmen meh? :roflmao:Carry on.

Marvel hasn't hasn't completed one single movie that is an incredible movie, while at the same time sticking almost exclusively to the source material... like Watchmen. 

That's a soft comment. Typical.

Watchman stuck to the original premise? 

I don't go to movies ,pre-judging them on if it is a DC or Marvel movie.  I liked the first Red, and had no idea it was based on a comic. Same with The Road to Perdition, and even Kick . I loved the first three Spiderman movies. Didn't care for the middle trilogy but like the new ones. I love the Titans series, although not crazy about the Batman either. 

I was looking forward to the new Batman movie. I thought it sucked. I'm glad you liked it.  It's a shame you can't be mature and accept that others see things differently, but that is not my problem. 

On 4/22/2022 at 5:03 PM, shadroch said:

Watchman stuck to the original premise? 

I don't go to movies ,pre-judging them on if it is a DC or Marvel movie.  I liked the first Red, and had no idea it was based on a comic. Same with The Road to Perdition, and even Kick . I loved the first three Spiderman movies. Didn't care for the middle trilogy but like the new ones. I love the Titans series, although not crazy about the Batman either. 

I was looking forward to the new Batman movie. I thought it sucked. I'm glad you liked it.  It's a shame you can't be mature and accept that others see things differently, but that is not my problem. 

All opinions are valued. Boardies showing up and straight up running a movie down, that (even if not loved) was at bare minimum, a solid picture... well, that just looks suspect and biased. That's my opinion. 

This movie is dumb dumb dumb.  I lasted 20 minutes.  It baffles me that some people cannot see this.  There's the willing suspension of disbelief and then there's the willing acceptance of dumb.

On 4/22/2022 at 8:35 PM, kav said:

There's the willing suspension of disbelief and then there's the willing acceptance of dumb.

We understand you're a movie expert but is it really necessary to basically call people dumb if they don't dislike a film as much as you do?

On 4/22/2022 at 7:54 PM, I like pie said:

We understand you're a movie expert but is it really necessary to basically call people dumb if they don't dislike a film as much as you do?

sorry that was out of line.  I just hate the movie!!  It could have been so much better.  its my frustration talking.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:56 PM, kav said:

sorry that was out of line.  I just hate the movie!!  It could have been so much better.  its my frustration talking.

I'm pretty easy with comic book related movies. I started collecting in the mid 80's and the only good material out on the big screen was Superman, so I'm just happy to watch anything DC/Marvel/Indy.

On 4/22/2022 at 8:01 PM, I like pie said:

I'm pretty easy with comic book related movies. I started collecting in the mid 80's and the only good material out on the big screen was Superman, so I'm just happy to watch anything DC/Marvel/Indy.

I tend to be harsh on batman movies because they have such potential and they always go with the overblown cliche plots.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:56 PM, kav said:

'hate'?

That's a strong emotion applied toward a comic book movie. Though dislike whatever you want.