THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
15 15

3,082 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Well, they were concerned if they shifted the symbol slightly that would be a new complaint point for 'not my Batman'. (:

By the way, look at the spread of the Batman symbol.

N4SDR0dqTlGvvAyjoMnH_Location_of_heart_in_chest_cavity.thumb.png.ac28965e9694da1c160d79cf932eafad.png

Seems around where the symbol sits on the costume.

By my calculation the ventricles would still be at risk...

 

batheart.jpg

Edited by Batman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Batman said:

I'm not sure my complaints could be described as "consistent" but I'll give it a go ;) 

Did I say you?? Did you see me single you out and state 'STOP BEING NEGATIVE'??

Now if you feel that way, then maybe you are taking this film more personal already than you should. The real secret sauce isn't out there yet as scenes from the film. If that trailer comes out and things look horrible, then I would think to worry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I still like the music :)

Just played it again. The piano is reminiscent of the origin piece at the start of BvS.

HOW DARE YOU!

Oh wait. That's the other guy assuming he is being attacked.

:shy:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

HOW DARE YOU!

Oh wait. That's the other guy assuming he is being attacked.

:shy:

Batman's ok. He likes his Batman you see. Probably why he chose Batman as his avatar. Liking Batman as he does, as do I, he's just expressing reservations about the new direction. Perfectly reasonable. Look at me, I expressed concerns about the new Doctor Who. Turns out it was much worse than I could ever have imagined. If new Batman turns out to be good though, I'm sure here Batman will be the first to say whoopee. But if it turns out to be a lumpy mattress of poo, then here Batman, being a generally decent chap, will I am sure limit his statements to mild if not general 'I told you it would suck' deliberations. And with a heavy Batman heart. With an exposed ventricle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Batman's ok. He likes his Batman you see. Probably why he chose Batman as his avatar. Liking Batman as he does, as do I, he's just expressing reservations about the new direction. Perfectly reasonable. Look at me, I expressed concerns about the new Doctor Who. Turns out it was much worse than I could ever have imagined. If new Batman turns out to be good, I'm sure here Batman will be the first to say whoopee. But if it turns out to be a lumpy matress of poo, then here Batman, being a generally decent chap, will I am sure limit his statements to mild if not general 'I told you it would suck' deliberations. And with a heavy Batman heart. With an exposed ventricle. 

Don't read into this excitement.

One person has been continuously negative about the film, which I kid him about. Steve jumped in the middle to take his side without realizing what was going on. No need for the over-explanation he is a Batman fan as if this isn't noticed. He is taking it as a personal attack without stepping back and remembering when he jumped into the discussion with Capra.

And even with Capra, that is his personal choice if he wants to hate on the film. Me, I am more forgiving WB made a mistake in setting up Affleck to walk away. It's mistake for sure!

Edited by Bosco685
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Don't read into this excitement.

One person has been continuously negative about the film, which I kid him about. Steve jumped in the middle to take his side without realizing what was going on. No need for the over-explanation he is a Batman fan as if this isn't noticed. He is taking it as a personal attack without stepping back and remembering when he jumped into the discussion with Capra.

And even with Capra, that is his personal choice if he wants to hate on the film. Me, I am more forgiving WB made a mistake in setting up Affleck to walk away. Its mistake for sure!

PooPiece is ok. He just likes his goats you see. Probably why... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Batman said:

I'm not sure my complaints could be described as "consistent" but I'll give it a go ;) 

Again, since you jumped in the middle of Capra and I teasing each other over his already strong dislike for this film, you are taking it personally this was directed at you. That's for you to sort through.

You want to hate on the film or not, your call. Meanwhile, if some want to wait and see (though I am definitely disappointed with the loss of Ben Affleck), then let us be more upbeat. Without the worries of over-analyzing the location of the heart, the weight of the actor or anything else before we actually see a first trailer.

Enjoy! :foryou:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
14 hours ago, Batman said:

I'm not sure my complaints could be described as "consistent" but I'll give it a go ;) 

Did I say you?? Did you see me single you out and state 'STOP BEING NEGATIVE'??

Now if you feel that way, then maybe you are taking this film more personal already than you should. The real secret sauce isn't out there yet as scenes from the film. If that trailer comes out and things look horrible, then I would think to worry.

My reply was nothing more than a light-hearted quip which was intended to be humorous (see winky thing). The opportunity for a funny was there following the flow of the conversation. I didn't take your comment personally.

For the record, I also don't take anything "personally" about this film. So far I haven't seen anything I like but that's just my opinion. I don't expect people to share it. Whatever the outcome, I hope the movie does well at the box office. As I've stated before, WB/DC have one shot at getting this right following Justice League. If they don't, no one will be interested in another Batman movie for many years.

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
14 hours ago, Batman said:

By my calculation the ventricles would still be at risk...

Reaching. Really reaching just to pick apart the film. Now that is going to get old.

You may have taken this post out of context following the first post. That was me joining in the conversation with another humorous remark. Kimik's post made me chuckle and having studied human anatomy and physiology, I couldn't resist commenting with an embellished diagram. The only thing I'm guilty of here is being a comic book geek :grin:

I should mention the post was picking apart the story in 'Tec #1000 rather than the movie :baiting:

12 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Again, since you jumped in the middle of Capra and I teasing each other over his already strong dislike for this film, you are taking it personally this was directed at you. That's for you to sort through.

You want to hate on the film or not, your call. Meanwhile, if some want to wait and see (though I am definitely disappointed with the loss of Ben Affleck), then let us be more upbeat. Without the worries of over-analyzing the location of the heart, the weight of the actor or anything else before we actually see a first trailer.

Enjoy! :foryou:

From my perspective I was commenting on the Batsuit screentest following it being posted on a public forum. Whilst I agree with Capra's view, I wasn't "jumping in the middle to take his side" (quoted from another post above). I have no interest in "taking sides" over a movie discussion. I like to agree/disagree in what should be a fairly informal chat but that's about it.

I admire your enthusiasm for movies, Bosco. No one has put in more effort to champion each and every movie, and you rarely have a bad word to say about any of them. But I have to say you have a tendency to overreact when someone doesn't share your point of view. The only one taking anything personally here is yourself :foryou:

 

Edited by Batman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Batman said:

 I admire your enthusiasm for movies, Bosco. No one has put in more effort to champion each and every movie, and you rarely have a bad word to say about any of them. But I have to say you have a tendency to overreact when someone doesn't share your point of view. The only one taking anything personally here is yourself :foryou:

How kind you to state this.

14 hours ago, Batman said:

I'm not sure my complaints could be described as "consistent" but I'll give it a go ;) 

It must have been me that assumed they were being called out for being consistently negative about the film.

:baiting: :foryou:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

How kind you to state this.

You're welcome :) 

36 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It must have been me that assumed they were being called out for being consistently negative about the film.

:baiting: :foryou:

I've provided all the necessary information here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2020 at 2:52 PM, Batman said:

Have to agree with Capra. That bat logo is a bit naff. And let's hope that suit is just a prototype.

I agree,the logo is ..clunky and awkward,a modernized steam punk,not quote right industrial touch if you get what I mean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I agree,the logo is ..clunky and awkward,a modernized steam punk,not quote right industrial touch if you get what I mean.

It's a little too arthouse for my liking. It's also out of character. We all know Bruce would put the gun in a glass cabinet to brood over...

Edited by Batman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Batman said:

It's a little too arthouse for my liking. It's also out of character. We all know Bruce would put the gun in a glass cabinet to brood over...

Although Bruce Wayne may add it to his memory boxes in the Batcave...

batcave01.thumb.PNG.9184819e92bdbce391dcc0a97b50c4e3.PNG

...it is also a very interesting concept where Bruce would want the one object that created his Batman persona close to his person by his heart as extra protection. But also as a reminder of his origins and purpose. Though I like the Kevin Smith design better where his traditional Batman symbol is stitched over the top of a protective plate created by the metal from the gun. Not the gun itself cut in half.

Time will tell what the final design truely is in the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
15 15