• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exactly what I thought was going to happen.

21 posts in this topic

He screwed up in both the title and description? Had how many days of bidding to realize

he made a mistake? He could have modified or ended early and relisted. Seems he just was not pleased with the winning bid.

A good seller, even when a mistake is made will follow-through on the sale.

Thanks for posting so he can be added to some lists.

He screwed up in both the title and description? Had how many days of bidding to realize

he made a mistake? He could have modified or ended early and relisted. Seems he just was not pleased with the winning bid.

A good seller, even when a mistake is made will follow-through on the sale.

Thanks for posting so he can be added to some lists.

+1

Just drop Kav's name and you'll get your books right quick.

giggle.gif :lol: :roflmao:

-slym

I don't believe them but I don't plan on pursuing it any further. Seems like a waste of time and effort.

About the only (only only). - way they are telling the truth - they have 2 other current lot comic auctions going on - and the pics in those auctions show 10 books. So they 'might' have made a cut/paste listing error,

Best bet- might be to offer 1/10 of the final price for one book - still a good deal - and if not that - neg away (I give sellers some leeway before a neg - but this is a case where it really seems that's they deserve it)

I don't believe them but I don't plan on pursuing it any further. Seems like a waste of time and effort.

About the only (only only). - way they are telling the truth - they have 2 other current lot comic auctions going on - and the pics in those auctions show 10 books. So they 'might' have made a cut/paste listing error,

Best bet- might be to offer 1/10 of the final price for one book - still a good deal - and if not that - neg away (I give sellers some leeway before a neg - but this is a case where it really seems that's they spdeserve it)

Completed listings also have pictures showing every book.

Looks like an honest copy/paste mistake.

It's possible. 10 copies of that book seems like a lot right?? I won the complete hulk tv show series tonight as well for 2.25 but the seller just contacted me to say they can't sell it for that so they are refunding my money!! I'll let that slide too, I actually felt bad about it.

I can help you brother. I'm tenacious as hell.

If it is resolved in such a way that I do not get the Art I will cry BS and you can have at him in all your glory.

I start out friendly. How can we resolve this snafu amicably etc. Then I become increasingly persistent, alluding to round kicks etc.

It's possible. 10 copies of that book seems like a lot right?? I won the complete hulk tv show series tonight as well for 2.25 but the seller just contacted me to say they can't sell it for that so they are refunding my money!! I'll let that slide too, I actually felt bad about it.

they need to start it higher or put a reserve on it.

that's the land of ebay. One day its $100 and the next day its $2.25.

a few months ago I sold a practically brand new 11" MacBook air but it was still considered used and didn't have the original box. it went for 707.07 and considering the 2015 model had just lowered in price to 799, I thought it was a good deal. Now it had most of an apple-care plan attached to it too, but I thought this was a fair price.

The owner after telling her what it went for, said to me I don't think I can sell it at that price, which I responded too bad, this is a contract that cannot be broken. Why couldn't she sell it for that? Because a random person at best buy told her it was probably worth 900 and that is what she thought she would get doh!

the story of why it was for sale is even better though. She had bought it in May 15 and a few weeks later let her brother use it. He took it with him and about a month later hadn't brought it back and she asked about it and he said he would bring it back that week. He didn't and so SHE BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE, but then right after that her brother brought the other one back :roflmao:

Anyway back to the topic, sometimes I sell things of my own and get less than expected and I deal with it, so when I buy something that goes for under, I expect the seller to take the same approach.