• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trimmed and Color Touched up Daredevil #7

10 posts in this topic

Hello All,

So here is this Daredevil #7, how bad is this restoration. I purchased the book and did not do this restoration. It does have trimming and color touchup. It looks nice but is this basically just wall art now? If I put it in for grading it would get a poo grade from CGC right? Is it a 3.5 at best? Here is the picture. Thanks

l5pAvTN.jpg

have trimming and color touchup. It looks nice but is this basically just wall art now? If I put it in for grading it would get a poo grade from CGC right?

l5pAvTN.jpg

Eh, a "poo" grade is ok if it wasnt trimmed. There are some acceptable "poo" grades in my book Slight color touch and a seal to a tear or split is no problem, but when u start adding pieces thats when I shy away, To each his own, but sometimes is ok to embrace poo :preach:

The book is beautiful. It is so unfortunate the stigma restoration has in the comic market. In the classic car market it is expected sometimes even desired for a car to be fully restored but in comics it is the opposite. I believe if people would have done restoration properly in the past and disclosed it instead of trying to dupe collectors this negative view wouldn't have happened.

The book is beautiful. It is so unfortunate the stigma restoration has in the comic market. In the classic car market it is expected sometimes even desired for a car to be fully restored but in comics it is the opposite. I believe if people would have done restoration properly in the past and disclosed it instead of trying to dupe collectors this negative view wouldn't have happened.

Well, personally I think CGC did a good thing with the conservation label and thats a step in the right direction