• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GUARDIANS (2/23/17) Russian superhero movie

20 posts in this topic

GUARDIANS Official Teaser TRAILER (2017)

Release date - 23 February 2017 (Russia)

Set during the Cold War, a secret organization named "Patriot" gathered a group of Soviet superheroes, altering and augmenting the DNA of four individuals, in order to defend the homeland from supernatural threats. The group includes representatives of the different nationalities of the Soviet Union, which each one of them have long been hiding their true identity. In hard times, they settled down to business and gather to defend their homeland.

Okay, that looks wild!

There you go... totally missed this when I scanned the page looking for it. So I will toss my comment here so all remains well within the space time continuum.

I think that the Man-Bear is terribly miscast and the fanboys are going to rage because everyone knows that the original bear in the comics had a darker shade of fur than that which is depicted on the screen. Why can't they just stick to the source material?

However... the sword guy... if they ever incorporate those ninja skills in a Ninjak movie I would definitely get it on Netflix.

It is a little strange how similar to the Soviet Super Soldiers they are in some regards. The bear guy is obviously Ursa Major, one of the girls looks like she manipulates dark energy like Darkforce. Vanguard used a hammer and sickle and was fast and strong. The guy has giant sickle shaped swords and is fast and strong. He seems like he might be teleporting, though.

I also guess they stopped at Crimson Dynamo, because that would have been a blatant iron man rip off.

I was thinking they were the Russian fantastic four. Water girl, air guy, earth guy. All they need is a fire guy/girl.

It would be pretty ironic if the Russians were the only ones capable of making a decent FF movie.

I was thinking they were the Russian fantastic four. Water girl, air guy, earth guy. All they need is a fire guy/girl.

It would be pretty ironic if the Russians were the only ones capable of making a decent FF movie.

lol

I do! Too bad I'm going to miss the action having to read the movie. Looks like a fun one though

Don't give up faith yet. If they see a potential for a larger box office win, there could be an English translation. They did it with 'The Night Watch', which is another super Russian fantasy-paranormal film.