• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Totally Jeff!!

His Weird War covers are some of the best covers of the Bronze Age... and along with Adams, Kubert and Cardy, he has to be considered one the great cover artists of the 1970s...

Shep

My first Weird War comic is 34. I still remember my dad buying it for me at a used book store back in the late 70's. For years I wondered what that distinctive LD on the cover meant.

64339.jpg.d32d6fec71601fc597f6df72afda5959.jpg

Found this scan from one of my old board sales... probably my favorite WWT cover... soooooo good.

I am pretty partial to WWT 14 and 24 as far as favorite LD WWTs. I am lucky enough to own a few of his horror covers and he is an excellent illustrator who gets far too little credit IMO. I would love to meet him at a con some day.

Question. There is a CGC 9.6 SSWS 151 for sale on ebay right now. I want to say that I recall something about a SSWS 151 9.6 having some sort of damage that would take it out of the 9.6 grade. I don't recall for sure if this is that book. I thought I remembered the damage being in the upper right corner, and the large scan of this book doesn't really show the top right corner. The auction desciption says no returns on CGC graded books-no exceptions.

Does anyone recall the book that I am thinking of? If so, is it this book? Thanks (thumbs u

SSWS 151 CGC 9.6

Edited by kagemusha7s

If memory serves, Greggy had a CGC 9.6 of this for sale last year - came out of a DC 3-pac if I remember correctly... not sure if that was his copy or not.

Nice looking book, and the price (with half a day to go) is certainly right. Good luck with that one!

Shep

Hey everyone,

War comic sale tonight, starting at around 9pm. I wish I could do it sooner, but I have to scan, grade and price a stack of books.

Gonna be some good stuff. Mostly bronze, but there will be a nice smattering of Silver age.

See you tonight.

Shep