• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,139 posts in this topic

A couple that arrived today and thanks to Jeffro I have another title

to collect after seeing all of his wicked WWT books recently. :cloud9:

WWT1.jpg

WWT2a.jpg

:cloud9:

I won this nice looking SSWS for only a dollar last night. :blush:

SSWS152.jpg

Edited by Fazybones

I can't say I agree with all of these. ?icid=200100397x1219997263x1201380702

Patton 18? Much higher!

Three kings? Not even a real war movie? Not even top 25! How about Generation KIll or Over There????

Letters from Iwo Jima? Much higher! I Loved it!!!

OK OK Mash ahead of some of the others?????? I know its Mash!

I love War movies as I know most of you do and this would not be my top 25.

What do you guys think????

Larry

Edited by Hedge

I love War movies as I know most of you do and this would not be my top 25.

What do you guys think????

Larry

I'm with ya Larry. Thin Red Line on that list? What a turd that movie was. :P

Three Kings has no business being on that list, never mind ranking higher than both Patton and A Bridge Too Far. :screwy:

Paths of Glory is damn good. Just not sure it should be # 7.

I have no problem with The Longest Day being # 1. :banana:

Where's Attack? Fantastic movie. Where's Battleground? Where's The Big Red One? Where's Guns of Navarone?

Edited by Jeffro

Hey Guys, I suggest you check out this HBO DVD Box set that just came out a little bit a go..... I thought it was Awesome!! Highly Recommend!! I picked it up on sale for about $25. Pick it up at Blockbuster if you can.

Generation Kill - Anyone else see it? What are your thoughts?

In keeping with bronze age war: I love Sgt Rock!

Generation Kill Review

Larry

Edited by Hedge

Hey everyone,

This weekend I was cleaning up my comic room. I was looking through my old 1982-83 Overstreet (just breaking my heart seeing GI Combat #87 as a $2.00 book in NM!!!). Anyway, this little sweetie just fell out... this was a drawing I did of the 'Frankenstein' Haunted Tank. I went through a bunch of G.I. Combats and found out as much as I could, and I drew up a little schematic from which I had intended to build a model of the tank. However... like so many things, I never got around to it.

But I thought this was an interesting trip back... I totally remember doing this..

gic1.jpg

That's fun stuff Shep! I loved that tank :cloud9:

I can't recall what issue it's in but on the letters page of one of the issues in the 150 -170 range, some guy did just what you were planning here and there was a picture posted of his model, and I believe the 'recipe' the guy used to create his version was there as well.

Anyway, very cool memories there, let us know when you finish building that thing! :baiting:

Anyway, very cool memories there, let us know when you finish building that thing! :baiting:

Ever see that show Tank Overhaul? If anyone could build something like this, it's those guys.

Ever see that show Tank Overhaul? If anyone could build something like this, it's those guys.

I have seen that, it's a cool show.

Who wouldn't want to see a real life Haunted Tank?! :headbang:

Nice books! :whistle:

Hard to read after all that beer though :baiting:

Probably hard to stay awake too, after eating that pile of burger and bacon.

Nah, cappuccino and chocolate are a pretty good counter agent to the alcohol..almost

Anyone have any of these issues available at low or mid grades? I would love to read them as they were recommended by you but I don't want to spend a lot on high grades as I only want them to read. Anyone suggest any Sgt Rock books?

OAAW 215

OAAW 244

OAAW 218

WWT 10

GI Combat 151

SSWS 164

Our Fighting Forces 155

Anyone have any of these issues available at low or mid grades? I would love to read them as they were recommended by you but I don't want to spend a lot on high grades as I only want them to read. Anyone suggest any Sgt Rock books?

OAAW 215

OAAW 244

OAAW 218

WWT 10

GI Combat 151

SSWS 164

Our Fighting Forces 155

Whenever someone asks for a Sgt Rock recommendation, I always go with OAAW #256-260. Brilliant Heath artwork with Rock trapped in the Pacific Theater.

It was a favorite at the time and still is to this day. (thumbs u