• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KRYPTON on SYFY Channel
2 2

164 posts in this topic

Just watched it! 

Couple of spoiler comments...

Spoiler

I was pleasantly surprised and it was pretty good for a Pilot. Using Adam Strange was a nice bit. I do have a question though, how come Adam Strange and not Booster Gold, as the time traveler? 

Definitely some good Game of Thrones appeal trying to gain back the seal and his family name. The only paradox is what if Adam never went and gave him the crystal, would he never have found the fortress and no Kal-El? Does that mean something happened in the time stream that Seg-El never found it?

Overall, I enjoyed and looking forward the season. 

(thumbsu

30 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

+1. Seems like Syfy and Netflix is supported by cigarette companies since they zoomed in on Adam Strange's crinkled Marlboro pack of smokes or Syfy wanted to use Marlboro to establish Adam's 1970s era time frame.  

Yeah I noticed that he was smoking too, very unusual this day and age to see on TV.

10 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

This show is boring me to death. 

I felt the same way with Westworld season 1 ep. 1 with all the repetitive scenes but give the series (Krypton) a few more episodes and Brainiac to show up before writing the downloads off.

Wonder who is behind that 3 faced golden mask whom must be obeyed? (worship)

Krypton, Syfy's Superman prequel series, has made clear on its promise to explore the foundations of DC's cosmic universe. Of course, this creates hope in comic fans around the globe that the Green Lanterns could appear at some point. With appearances from Adam Strange, and talk of characters like Hawkwoman, the show certainly sets the stage for the mighty Green Lantern Corps. to be included. Fortunately, the creative team behind the new series didn't rule it out.

During the Krypton panel at WonderCon this weekend, the producers of the series were asked about the inclusion of the lanterns. According to IGN, showrunner Cameron Welsh revealed that the appearance of these characters certainly wasn't out of the question.

"That's something that would be a natural fit for us," Welsh confirmed. However, DC Entertainment VP Dan Evans quickly hinted that the Omega Men would likely appear before the Green Lanterns. It's worth noting that Green Lantern Kyle Rayner counts as a member of this heroic group.

Evans continued by assuring fans that this show would be massive, and that there were plenty of different characters at their disposal.

"DC isn't just Earth, it isn't just Metropolis or Gotham. The DC universe is huge, it's multiple universes," he said. The VP then promised that the show will "open the door" to other parts of the DC universe, allowing them to introduce "characters that you may not see in other show that will fit comfortably here. And maybe some different versions of characters you're used to."

The show seems to be very patient in easing viewers into bigger events with Brainiac's arrival. Although now after last night...

Spoiler

He's now on the way!

And I have a feeling someone could be under his control already.

Should be interesting.

'Krypton': "House of Zod" Has a Stealth 'Wonder Woman' Easter Egg

krypton-house-of-zod-wonder-woman-110318

Krypton's latest episode gave fans plenty of little Easter eggs - including one unique tie to the Princess of Themyscira.

Tonight's episode saw Lyta Zod's (Georgina Campbell) trial with the House of Rao get further complicated, as Nyssa Vex (Wallis Day) attempted to help secure her innocence. Nyssa enlisted Jayna Zod (Ann Obgomo) to help, and Jayna reluctantly accepted.

Lyta was proven to be innocent and was let out of jail, something that Jayna was visibly upset by. When Lyta approaced Jayna after the trial, the mother remarked "You have always been my greatest love, and now my greatest shame."

For those who keep track of DC-related media, that line probably raised an eyebrow or two -- because a version of it was essentially said in last year's Wonder Woman movie. Midway through the film, Diana Prince/Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) decided to venture into the world of man, to the dismay of her mother Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen). When Diana became confident in her decision, Hippolyta and the other Amazons arrived to watch her leave, prompting Hippolyta to say "You have been my greatest love. Today, you are my greatest sorrow."

While the line certainly doesn't connect Krypton to the DC Extended Universe - a connection that was debunked before the series premiered - it's a pretty clever homage. And the line has even more of a connection to it when you consider the fact that Obgomo actually appeared in Wonder Woman as well, as the Amazon chancellor Phillippus.

Brainiac has arrived!

Mentions of Justice League, and even a line from Thor: Ragnarok too from Korg - with an accent: "Piz off, ghost!"

Edited by Bosco685

'Krypton' Renewed For Season 2

rypton will be back for a second season in 2019.

The SYFY series, which has been one of the network’s highest-rated series since it debuted on March 21, earned a renewal today ahead of its season finale tomorrow.

The series has averaged 1.8 million viewers (live+3) per week to date, is SYFY’s most-watched debut season among total viewers for an original series since Ascension in 2014, and the most-watched season for any scripted series on the network since Defiance in 2015.

Krypton centers on Seg-El (Cameron Cuffe), Superman’s grandfather, during his younger years on Krypton. It deals with political and cultural divides on the planet as it transitions from an authoritarian theocracy to the sterile, science-driven dystopia seen in most other iterations.

Besides the everyday issues of Krypton itself, there are larger-than-life issues facing the team; Brainiac (Blake Ritson) is coming to bottle Kandor City, and longtime Justice League ally Adam Strange (Shaun Sipos) has come from the future to tell Seg about a time-traveling threat that may prevent the birth of Superman — and by extension erase all the times he has saved the universe from the timeline.

Good for them! This show has slowly built up to something worth watching. Especially now with Brainiac being fully realized, and the time travel part of the story linking in the larger DC universe.