• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Flash 106

17 posts in this topic

Want to know if it is worth getting graded.

The book is complete and unrestored, I checked with a blue light, there is no tape or writing but it does have a small amount of water damage on the front cover. The area with water damage lays perfectly flat. There is a 1 inch tear on the bottom left corner of the front cover. There is a small piece missing out of the bottom right interior pages, does not affect all pages but its on a few of them, it can be seen in the pictures. The Pages are supple and seem to be cream to off white. The book lays flat and is nicely centered. Both the staples are firmly attached to the cover and centerfold. Its got a decent amount of cover gloss and looks nice overall IMOH.

Thanks for your insight in advance.

20160204_133123-1.jpg

20160204_132859-1.jpg

20160212_142407-1.jpg

20160204_132646-1.jpg

20160212_142457-1.jpg

pressing will do nothing to improve this book, nothing. pressing is only used to tweak out a spine roll, a bend, a non breaking crease, spine dents, etc.

put it in a nice Mylite 2 with a fullback and enjoy it.

If there is no way of getting a 4.0 out of it then I think it will stay in its Mylar :grin:

It's a great read and anybody would love it just like that!

Do the stains really drop it that much?

I have seen 4.0s with more staining than this and these are not deeply colored stains there very light.

I agree and would probably say a 4.0 i've seen slabbed 4.0's in worse shape than this

Do the stains really drop it that much?

I have seen 4.0s with more staining than this and these are not deeply colored stains there very light.

I agree and would probably say a 4.0 i've seen slabbed 4.0's in worse shape than this

Thats what I have concluded from researching other CGC flash books from the same age and

condition 3.5 to 4.5 range, since I am really picky I would only like it to be slapped if it came back a 4.0. If there are more people who think it would hit 4.0 then I will probably send it. Just need more opinions.

So I did a little research on similar condition books that are also early flash issues. Here are two examples of books that can be found on my comic shop or lone star comics.

They are both flash 110 in a CGC universal grade of 3.5.

Sorry for the immense size of the scans :sorry:

The first one has multiple large creases over the front cover, rusted stables, spine splitting, water damage on the back cover that seems to be wavy and has many other issues that look more severe then my book, the back cover has a piece missing near the top of the spine.

The second book well...Im not sure what to say but its worth a look (thumbs u

Exhibit A

3262493.jpg

3262520.jpg

Exhibit B

3280190.jpg

3280193.jpg