• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman V.2 #1 fake? canadian or other.help?!?

22 posts in this topic

excuse me if this is the wrong board.

but I recently bought Batman v.2 #1 pictured and its not what I thought. it doesn't have the correct upc/sku number as all the other #1's I have seen on eBay and etc.. also on the $2.99 symbol it says us/can which isn't on the ones I see either.

is this a fake or Canadian or international version, maybe a direct ship comic?

I know there are around 5 prints plus variants and a Wal-Mart versions now but I cant find anything about this comic with this ups. The upc that comes up when I look the number up is batman 426 which has the exact ups.

Can any one help me with this?

I'm pretty sure this isn't a fake just because I haven't heard of a new comic like this being faked but I cant find anything else out about this so im leaving all options open

s-l1600.jpg

ive done a little more research and it seems this is a newstand version. generally that is more valuable right? weird i cant find the upc though.

Generally harder to find in higher grades. A 9.8 newsstand will usually fetch more than a 9.8 direct because of the realization that newsstands are generally handled more, and more so than not reach their destination damaged already.

it might be your scan, I just found one on ebay with a good quality if it is yours and you want me to take it down I will.

i dont think it is a second printing because 2nd print has a different color shade to it and a different upc.

s-l111600.jpg

this looks like my scan?

ISBN/ UPC code 070989304307 has been used one several Batman comics.

The last series it was used was on the Batman series you have listed .

This is not the Walmart edition. That edition has a different UPC code and the code box is positioned horizontally rather than vertical.

Direct sales editions state that and have a different UPC code.

I think there are 9 variations of the comic.

This is the first printing newsstand version of the comic.

The newsstand version seems to be much harder to find. The direct edition had 188,000 sales so the newsstand version of this is probably only a very small percentage of that .

For reference, see HERE

Is this the combo pack equivalent for #1?

Wonder if the early run combos starting with #5 are more rare than newsstand #5 +

Not that I am aware of, Batman 5 was the earliest issue released in the initial 12 combo packs produced for DC 2011/2012. I am curious to see the print run on the Walmart version, not sure how rare it is.

Thank you for that.

still kinda confused, now i am seeing it is newstand/newstand canadian. are there any resource or database you can use website or app based that i can use to verify?