• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Innovation Comics?

28 posts in this topic

Got a bunch of these along with a bunch of moderns for a song, literally thrown in my lap.

Anyways, a bunch of these seem to be from '91 or so, the publisher is Innovation Comics

Titles include,

Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Mummy, The Vampire Companion

and one Gene Wolfe's The Shadow of the Torturer

I could provide pics if you really want them. They aren't in terrible condition but were given to me unbagged and boarded, so there is some damage.

Got a bunch of these along with a bunch of moderns for a song, literally thrown in my lap.

Anyways, a bunch of these seem to be from '91 or so, the publisher is Innovation Comics

Titles include,

Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Mummy, The Vampire Companion

and one Gene Wolfe's The Shadow of the Torturer

I could provide pics if you really want them. They aren't in terrible condition but were given to me unbagged and boarded, so there is some damage.

Ann Rice books were quite popular in the late 80s/90s. The Vampire Lestat was a big book then. I recently sold a 1st print 9.8 for 125.00. It didnt even sit too long.. Just make sure its a 1st print

Also look for Maze Agency & Legends of The Stargrazers these 2 are super early AH! work and can go for a pretty penny if in high grade or as sets

I was a fan of the series myself, I didn't know they were brought into the comic world. Thanks for the heads up, I'll get these puppies cleaned up right away.

I cant find information on prints, so I am assuming if it doesn't say anything, it's first?

I was a fan of the series myself, I didn't know they were brought into the comic world. Thanks for the heads up, I'll get these puppies cleaned up right away.

I cant find information on prints, so I am assuming if it doesn't say anything, it's first?

Yes Im pretty sure thats the case, but I have a set of 1st/2nd at home when I get back Ill tell you for sure (thumbs u

Turns out the number 1 is 3rd print and #2 is 2nd. Those two are in pretty rough shape as it is anyways, the rest 3-12 are all first prints. Not bad condition, need a clean, backs of books you can see hand smears, there is some colour rub on the spine, all due to not being bagged and boarded.

Lucky the covers are such thick stock

:applause: Damn sean, you just amaze me with your collection, time and again.

:applause: Damn sean, you just amaze me with your collection, time and again.

he does have some wonderful toys. :applause:

About 15 years ago I bought most of the remainder stock, it was about 8000 books. The Freddy and chucky books there were just 10 copies of each. The rest were destroyed. Around 5,000 Anne rice books with up to 200 per issue. I think I had Forbidden Planets and other stuff. The guy had the original art to the unpublished Queen of the Damned 12. Didn't really know what to do, all I know is I didn't buy it or inquire about any art.

All I know is they all are sold except a shortbox of assorted damaged Ann Rice books.

Well these were sitting in a pawn shop and picked up by an employee and held on to for two years before they landed in my lap.

Some comics do travel lol

Found a Lestat #1 first print buried with a Queen of the Damned #1 first print.

Still not in great shape :( Maybe a clean and press will do these good. Will talk to Joey tomorrow about it...

Found a Lestat #1 first print buried with a Queen of the Damned #1 first print.

Still not in great shape :( Maybe a clean and press will do these good. Will talk to Joey tomorrow about it...

Don't spend any money on those, dude. They are not rare, and they will never be valuable. You can buy 20 or 30 on Ebay for the cost of a clean press and sub and some of them will be NM+