• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Innovation Comics?

28 posts in this topic

I remember Vampire Lestat # 1-2 both being solid $20-$25 books around when early Sandman first began to get hot.

And the Interview With a Vampire movie still holds up with Kirsten Dunst being creepy as all get-out -- I also think it was the first movie filmed after River Phoenix's death, with Christian Slater taking his part as the narrator.

I feel that book series could have been a huge hollywood blockbuster. It has a lot of elements that people are still engaged with today.

I didn't know that River Phoenix was involved with this one. The narrator for the movie was Brad Pitt, Christian Slater was the biographer taping the conversation.

Found a Lestat #1 first print buried with a Queen of the Damned #1 first print.

Still not in great shape :( Maybe a clean and press will do these good. Will talk to Joey tomorrow about it...

Don't spend any money on those, dude. They are not rare, and they will never be valuable. You can buy 20 or 30 on Ebay for the cost of a clean press and sub and some of them will be NM+

I know I have a lestat #1 somewhere, just need to find it. If and when I find it it's your Meta

Still not in great shape :( Maybe a clean and press will do these good. Will talk to Joey tomorrow about it...

Don't spend any money on those, dude. They are not rare, and they will never be valuable. You can buy 20 or 30 on Ebay for the cost of a clean press and sub and some of them will be NM+

Ah ok, thanks for the info seanfingh.

I know I have a lestat #1 somewhere, just need to find it. If and when I find it it's your Meta

Thanks Chicka, you a sweetie :)

About 15 years ago I bought most of the remainder stock, it was about 8000 books. The Freddy and chucky books there were just 10 copies of each. The rest were destroyed. Around 5,000 Anne rice books with up to 200 per issue. I think I had Forbidden Planets and other stuff. The guy had the original art to the unpublished Queen of the Damned 12. Didn't really know what to do, all I know is I didn't buy it or inquire about any art.

All I know is they all are sold except a shortbox of assorted damaged Ann Rice books.

I must have bought a lot of the stock before you as I bought a little over 10,000 comics of the Innovation backstock. Still have about 2-3 long boxes of it, mainly Interview with the Vampire 1 and 12, some Lost in Space and the Torchy Tradepaperback. Made a lot of money off of Legends of the Stargrazers.

What I found selling these on ebay is that most of the buyers of the Anne Rice comics were women. They never stepped into a comic store but read the novels and then found out about the comics a few years later. Same thing with the Quantum Leap; and Beauty and the Beast comic books.

About 15 years ago I bought most of the remainder stock, it was about 8000 books. The Freddy and chucky books there were just 10 copies of each. The rest were destroyed. Around 5,000 Anne rice books with up to 200 per issue. I think I had Forbidden Planets and other stuff. The guy had the original art to the unpublished Queen of the Damned 12. Didn't really know what to do, all I know is I didn't buy it or inquire about any art.

All I know is they all are sold except a shortbox of assorted damaged Ann Rice books.

I must have bought a lot of the stock before you as I bought a little over 10,000 comics of the Innovation backstock. Still have about 2-3 long boxes of it, mainly Interview with the Vampire 1 and 12, some Lost in Space and the Torchy Tradepaperback. Made a lot of money off of Legends of the Stargrazers.

What I found selling these on ebay is that most of the buyers of the Anne Rice comics were women. They never stepped into a comic store but read the novels and then found out about the comics a few years later. Same thing with the Quantum Leap; and Beauty and the Beast comic books.

I tried to buy sets, the Interview with Vampire 11 was a missing book. So I sold them 1-10 and if I could find an 11 at a comic show I made sets as I had lots of 12. The Interview 1 had heavy quantity. I was only buying the Anne rice and Movie TV books, there were other titles I was not interested in. From the list I saw I bought most of the Anne Rice and movie TV books. Although there likely were other batches of books out there, or you got books before me from the same list. The pre Ebay store days these sold really well.

Back in the 90s, Vampire Lestat #1 1st Print was heating up for a minute. Like, for a year at least, and it was a tough book to get, although the thing to remember is that this was shortly after the indie wave had ended and alot of speculators/investors were very weary about investing in another indie publisher unless they had the promise that Image/valiant had...

Long story short, there are still people that ride the vampire wave, and this book brings memories. Both as a signature Anne Rice book and also as a trending book of the past. I dont know about any overstock on overprints of Lestat #1 1st print so I cant speak on anyone's behalf, but when I go to conventions, or when I randomly search on eBay for that book, 9 times out of 10 its a 2nd print that the seller doesnt know about (since they are very hard to tell apart), or its in really bad shape (tough black cover), or its a 10+ book.

Also, this is another cool Innovation book which had some inking done by Dave Stevens..

innovation-publishing-east-meets-west-issue-1.jpg