• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pence Variants

28 posts in this topic

I don't know what it is about pence variants, but I hate them with a passion and I don't know why I do.

In a hobby where a lot of people are into it for nostalgia and childhood memories, I grew up in the UK so T & P stamps on DCs and half blank boxes on Marvels was what I knew, but I kind of consider them inferior now. I know thats wrong but I can't help it. I don't even like BA marvel books with a small faint T & P stamp on them.

I've tried to make myself like them or accept them, they are after all exactly the same comic book, but I can't. (shrug)

I don't have a single one in my collection. It's very odd. :insane:

That sounds like you have a hard on for American goods, nothing inherently wrong with that buuut the tone of your post makes me wonder....

Ashamed of your roots there, old chap?

:screwy:

No. I was talking about comic book preferences not my Nationality doh!

Yeah, I got that.I was just joking with you, a bit of friendly ball breaking :)

Anyway, regarding pence variants.....I kinda dig them and the market is coming around on their values.

I love pence copies -- the one's that are "penced" on the printing presses. I don't care at all for the one's with the over-stamps.

I agree about the stamps. Not a fan of those. Don't mind the other kind

I love pence copies -- the one's that are "penced" on the printing presses. I don't care at all for the one's with the over-stamps.

I agree about the stamps. Not a fan of those. Don't mind the other kind

I think things like pence stamps (and arrival dates, for that matter) add character to books. (shrug)

or click here to google search the site for pence discussion threads.

All of my interest in 80's pence copies can be found in this post

A few boardies put together a series of threads - I didn't know much about the brief return of pence copies for ASM from 215-223r..

:popcorn:

Or Aussie price variants

I think the Pristine Comics Ad in the 2015/16 OSG says a lot about the acceptance of Pence copies.

They (Pristine Comics) are actively searching them out now. They are Savvy dealers who know what they're doing.

I think Pence copies are going to be creeping up in value. They will never reach Cent values, but I think the 50-60% values will be replaced by 60-70% values. And mega keys.... 75%?

Of course I own an Af15 pence so I'm a little biased.

I don't know what it is about pence variants, but I hate them with a passion and I don't know why I do.

In a hobby where a lot of people are into it for nostalgia and childhood memories, I grew up in the UK so T & P stamps on DCs and half blank boxes on Marvels was what I knew, but I kind of consider them inferior now. I know thats wrong but I can't help it. I don't even like BA marvel books with a small faint T & P stamp on them.

I've tried to make myself like them or accept them, they are after all exactly the same comic book, but I can't. (shrug)

You're not on your own there Grant.

I won't give em house room.

Hey Richard :hi:

Almost as soon as I said that, I go and buy a pence ASM # 1 - someone take it away !

You're not on your own there Grant.

I won't give em house room.

Hey Richard :hi:

Almost as soon as I said that, I go and buy a pence ASM # 1 - someone take it away !

:insane: