• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade a X-Men....

35 posts in this topic

768534-xmenspine2.jpg

btw, I think that book's been trimmed! 893whatthe.gif

That's just great. How can you tell ?

i'm guessing the disparity between the sharpness of the cover's corner and the bluntness of the interior pages...

768827-Untitled-1.jpg

768827-Untitled-1.jpg.efad55f52bac9b1537bb7f23336fd9e6.jpg

I was joking about Tom's scan only being 3/8" wide makepoint.gifstooges.gif

gossip.gifdidn't mean to freak you out! confused-smiley-013.gif

Ha.

Yeah, but now that someone has blown up that corner I am starting to 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.

I haven't received the book yet. It's in transit to me; I will take a close look when I get it. Thanks for letting me know what to look for; the company's policy is that I can return it for any reason. Do you mind if I send you some more detailed scans when I receive it ?

I was joking about Tom's scan only being 3/8" wide makepoint.gifstooges.gif

gossip.gifdidn't mean to freak you out! confused-smiley-013.gif

Ha.

Yeah, but now that someone has blown up that corner I am starting to 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.

I haven't received the book yet. It's in transit to me; I will take a close look when I get it. Thanks for letting me know what to look for; the company's policy is that I can return it for any reason. Do you mind if I send you some more detailed scans when I receive it ?

i don't know if i would worry about it. i only blew up that corner because i, like you, misread his intent at humour. on first glance, i thought it looked normal. but i would go over that edge with a magnifying glass once it comes in

i don't know if i would worry about it. i only blew up that corner because i, like you, misread his intent at humour. on first glance, i thought it looked normal. but i would go over that edge with a magnifying glass once it comes in

I suppose "intent" is better than "attempt" 27_laughing.gif

Folks, if this gets a 9.4, then CGC has some explaining to do with my books. I had a very similar book with razor sharp edges--the only defects noted were cbc in spine similar to this--and it graded 9.0. Realistically, expect a 9.0 and anything upwards is gravy.

Folks, if this gets a 9.4, then CGC has some explaining to do with my books. I had a very similar book with razor sharp edges--the only defects noted were cbc in spine similar to this--and it graded 9.0. Realistically, expect a 9.0 and anything upwards is gravy.

my perception is that CGC will kill a book for CBCs more than anything else but tears or stains. chipping? not really a problem. NCBCs? Eh. CBCs? [fa*rk] it, that thing is an 8.5

I think it is a 9.0, I see 8 spine stresses. I am not sure it will pull a 9.2 with that number of spine stress marks. There is no way it will pull a 9.4.

I could only see four, but that might just be my monitor. If there are eight, I agree with Tom here. 9.0 most likely, but 9.2 possible. No way a 9.4 with eight spine stresses.

I see six with my 21 inch job.

That's a 21 inch monitor and not... blush.gifgossip.gif27_laughing.gif

Hence my 9.2... poke2.gif