• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preservation VS Restoration

5 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a copy of Star Wars #107 in VF condition off of Ebay. Unfortunately the comic did not fair well in shipping as it was tucked unprotected into an oversized plastic holder that held the front and back cover in place, but the interior pages moved around and seperated from the cover. I didn't pay for insurance as I didn't spend a fortune on the comic in the first place. So now I have a less than VF cover due to both staples tearing through and a nice white copy of the interior pages. The comic isn't worth the time or money to restore as it's not particularly rare. It is however a key in the series and as a comic collector it's actually value isn't what's on my mind, it's preservation is what I am concerned with. I know that using tape on a comic book is a big no no as it actally causes more damaged then if the comic was left alone. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do with this book to make it whole again, as throwing it away is out of the question. Should I just stick in a mylar bag with a backing board and leave it alone???

Thanks confused.gif

120853-starwars.jpg.86db135ef6d687b89bdd970eff7d9cd5.jpg

I guess I should have mentioned that I have already purchased 2 additional copies of #107 so I clearly don't need this one for my collection. I guess I am just a little sentimental about my collectable and I try to keep them all in the best possible condition no matter what that actual dollar value assigned grin.gif