• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how consistent grade.

5 posts in this topic

I don't recall or have seen any thread that mentioned NewKadia.

I have checked with NewKadia occasionally since 2009 but I never purchased one. Sometimes I intended to buy but I backed out.

Their grade may be inconsistent and their books are overpriced. The prices will be decreased every week until 25%. It goes back to the original prices after 25%.

They have no problem to accept the returns. My major concern is about their grades. What is your thought?

I've also found their grading to be very inconsistent. I've purchased quite a bit from them, mainly inexpensive stuff, so don't really care too much about the grading if its off a little. Grading on the pricier books are inconsistent and I've had to had price adjustments made on them after receiving the books. It seems the grades are usually off by half a grade so I try to avoid the "-" and "+" grades such as G-, G+, VG-, VG+, etc. since the designation usually seem to push the price of the book closer to the next grade.

I do like their sales and how you can sign up for the Prime Membership ($7.50) to receive free shipping for three months. That's probably the best benefit if you're picking up a few books here and there since you're not paying for shipping and its unlimited for the duration of the membership.

As you mentions, they're pretty good with accepting returns or making price adjustments.

I bought from them once about 7-8 years ago.,

Three lower priced books graded in the GD+ 2.5 - GD/VG 3.0 range, all were in the FR/GD 1.5 - GD- 1.8 when they arrived.

I took pics and sent them to New Kadia and described the flaws that made them a lower grade than they had the books listed at and received a $24.00 refund for the difference in grade.

I have not bought anything since because they have had nothing I am looking for but I would be very leary.

I've also found their grading to be very inconsistent. I've purchased quite a bit from them, mainly inexpensive stuff, so don't really care too much about the grading if its off a little. Grading on the pricier books are inconsistent and I've had to had price adjustments made on them after receiving the books. It seems the grades are usually off by half a grade so I try to avoid the "-" and "+" grades such as G-, G+, VG-, VG+, etc. since the designation usually seem to push the price of the book closer to the next grade.

I do like their sales and how you can sign up for the Prime Membership ($7.50) to receive free shipping for three months. That's probably the best benefit if you're picking up a few books here and there since you're not paying for shipping and its unlimited for the duration of the membership.

As you mentions, they're pretty good with accepting returns or making price adjustments.

When I selected few books, I noticed the price difference with the special shipping in the grey box but I don't see it afterward. I will try that membership.

I bought from them once about 7-8 years ago.,

Three lower priced books graded in the GD+ 2.5 - GD/VG 3.0 range, all were in the FR/GD 1.5 - GD- 1.8 when they arrived.

I took pics and sent them to New Kadia and described the flaws that made them a lower grade than they had the books listed at and received a $24.00 refund for the difference in grade.

I have not bought anything since because they have had nothing I am looking for but I would be very leary.

I agreed with you. There is almost nothing. Sometimes, the key issues showed up and were sold instantly. Nothing again for a long time. However, I liked your idea to make the grade difference and get the partial refund.

I saw Four Color #9 1st Donald Duck. They graded it Fair but they didn't provide the picture so they sent me the scans. It was a big difference. The cover is detached and has many missing pieces. Obviously it is POOR!