• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my HoM 257 Dollar Comic

12 posts in this topic

Purchased as NM/NM+, but a few things that concen me:

1. Slight abrasion URC FC

2. chip missing from BLC FC

3. Bump in BRC FC (I think I can fix this with my fingers)

Everything else looks golden.

My concern is how CGC would interpret these defects. Comments from those with CGC submission experience with Dollar Comics APPRECIATED. Remember larger scans will make defect look worse. I have a grade in mind but wanted to get opinions before I conclude.

l-91180428.jpg

l-91180431.jpg

First of all scan is too small poke2.gif

in all seriousness, NM/NM+ 893naughty-thumb.gif

Looks like a 3 inch crease to the right edge just under the CC box. ULC flake, crease URC, tiny chip on the BLC plus what you mentioned, I would guess this book would grade at a 9.2 sumo.gif

8.5/9.0

Hard to say what the deal is with that bottom edge.It looks to be misaligned at the bottom.. but the top does not show equal displacement.

Can you give any more detail as to what it looks like in person.

Ze-

8.5/9.0

Hard to say what the deal is with that bottom edge.It looks to be misaligned at the bottom.. but the top does not show equal displacement.

Can you give any more detail as to what it looks like in person.

Ze-

Except for the defects noted, there's NO surface wear. The top and bottom right corners are the only non production defect I see. I'm really worried about that little piece missing on the bottom left--are you guys saying CGC will not see this as a defect?

If that missing piece is considered a defect, I really don't see this getting any better than VF+. If they don't consider it then I say a 9.0 is the best bet. Since CGC hates on my DC books I know it won't go any higher tongue.gif

First of all scan is too small poke2.gif

in all seriousness, NM/NM+ 893naughty-thumb.gif

Looks like a 3 inch crease to the right edge just under the CC box. ULC flake, crease URC, tiny chip on the BLC plus what you mentioned, I would guess this book would grade at a 9.2 sumo.gif

That crease is not even noticeable in person; the scan shows it very well though. I didn't notice it until AFTER posting the scan. Nice catch!

Ok, you can grade from these scans... insane.gif

t-91180428.jpg

t-91180431.jpg