• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mickey Mouse Magazine BLB ads

12 posts in this topic

A good friend of mine, Larry Lowery, is working on an article about Big Little Books that were advertised in the Mickey Mouse Magazine. He has been able to review Volumes 3, 4, and 5, but could use some help with Volumes 1 and 2. If any of you have the issues I am going to list and would check the inside front and back covers, and also the back cover, for Whitman BLB ads, and post any you find or email me scans, I would appreciate it as I told him I would try and help him get the information for the issues he hasn't reviewed.

In Volume 1, he needs to know if there is a BLB ad in issues #2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12.

In Volume 2, he needs that information for issues #1, 3, 5, 7, 8, and 12.

Your help is really appreciated for his research project.

Thanks,

Richard

richardolson@hughes.net

Rich, I checked the few that I have with no luck. Either the ones I have, have no ad or he's looking for numbers around the ones I do have. I will check with a friend who has a few more than I do and see what he comes up with. Good luck on the search.

Thanks, Bob! However, if you checked some on the list and they didn't have ads, please tell me which ones so he can mark them off the search list.

Thanks,

Rich

Wow! Seven issues to check off the list, that's great. Knowing there are no ads is just as important as knowing there are ads. Thanks so much for your help!

Yeah, that makes sense. I will pull the box out again and let you know.

No BLB ads in V1 #6,9,11 or 12, or in V2 #7, 8 or 12. I either don't have the rest or they're slabbed.

No ads in V1#10 or V2#1 either. I happened to have raw copies of those two available. I can dig up a V1#3 if that ends up being the last one on their list.