• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard OOOPS Thread

39 posts in this topic

I noticed Wizard now doesn't list all the issues in a given title. So not only is it's Price Guide irrelevant for comics older than 1990, they can't even list all the issues for those as well. I guess only the "Hot" issues make the cut these days. What a joke... 27_laughing.gif

Jim

it's Price Guide irrelevant for comics older than 1990

I think it's more irrelevant for modern comics. They're prices are ridiculous, like $35 for a New Teen Titans #2. For Silvers, I think it's a lot closer to actual values, maybe off by a hundred, but what is a hundred bucks when the actual value is in the thousands?

CGC does a very good job at not dissuading people from submitting drek. thumbsup2.gif

That's quite a damning statement. It's one thing for a local Firestone dealership to not dissuade me from buying high-end tires for my beat-up Hyundai - for all they know I'm planning to enter it in the Dubai Classic and race across the desert next week. But to let someone submit a relatively low-grade modern just smacks of desperation.

Not only that, but when the person gets the 8.5 modern back, they will not only never use your service again, they may never get started collecting comics. (Believe me, if they're submitting an 8.5 modern, they haven't really gotten started in collecting.)

CGC should do themselves, the prospective customer, and the entire collecting community a favor and provide some sort of guideline for modern and copper age books. Older books, even BA, I can see where almost any grade might be worth slabbing if the book is a key like X-men 94 or GSX 1. But for newer books, CGC should literally have a sign at the submissions booth reading "if your comics are newer than 1980 and are not in perfect shape, you should reconsider having them slabbed."

CGC does a very good job at not dissuading people from submitting drek. thumbsup2.gif

That's quite a damning statement. It's one thing for a local Firestone dealership to not dissuade me from buying high-end tires for my beat-up Hyundai - for all they know I'm planning to enter it in the Dubai Classic and race across the desert next week. But to let someone submit a relatively low-grade modern just smacks of desperation.

Not only that, but when the person gets the 8.5 modern back, they will not only never use your service again, they may never get started collecting comics. (Believe me, if they're submitting an 8.5 modern, they haven't really gotten started in collecting.)

CGC should do themselves, the prospective customer, and the entire collecting community a favor and provide some sort of guideline for modern and copper age books. Older books, even BA, I can see where almost any grade might be worth slabbing if the book is a key like X-men 94 or GSX 1. But for newer books, CGC should literally have a sign at the submissions booth reading "if your comics are newer than 1980 and are not in perfect shape, you should reconsider having them slabbed."

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif Now this is a funny post grin.gif

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif Now this is a funny post grin.gif

What does CGC care? They're getting paid. They don't care what beat up modern books these freaks are having slabbed. They just want their money.

I really hope your kidding. mad.gif

CGC is not a charity. if Joe Schmo wants to submit a beat to hell copy of ALF #15, then who is CGC to tell them not to? If I got a copy of FF#280 that has a subscription crease right down the middle, and I wanna submit it, then by gum i'm gonna do it.

CGC telling me my books aren't worth slabbing would [#@$%!!!] me off more than them slabbing a [#@$%!!!] copy

foreheadslap.gif

Kind of defeats the purpose of them being in business confused-smiley-013.gif

Everyone point and laugh 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

If I took my ASM #40 to the table and they told me it would come back no higher then a 1.5-2, I would still submit, my money to waste,

and yes, it came back last month as a 1.5 foreheadslap.gif

but it was one of a few free submissions thumbsup2.gif

one of the others just happened to be a Astonishing X-Men, Cassidy variant that came back a 9.6, 9.8 would have been better but I think Newt had his tights on backwards poke2.gif